Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breakdown & Recovery

BigRedSwitch

Before I bought my Auris I was with the AA; after the Auris I was with Toyota Assist (is that what they called it?) but that was the AA in reality. Now that Toyota have withdrawn their breakdown/recovery option what should I do?  Resurrect my pricey AA membership or use one of the cheap offerings to be found on comparison sites.

What did you do?  Did you go for a cheap breakdown service and, later regret it or are you happy with the service? I'd appreciate hearing your views.

Toyota Roadside Assistance hasn't been withdrawn as far as I'm aware, and is still featured on Toyota GB's website: Roadside Assistance | Owners | Toyota UK

It has also been a Which? best buy for the past three or four years

I've had great service from Auto Aid. Used them for 3 years now. £59 a year i think I pay.

Yeah, the Toyota breakdown service is deffo still active - Me and many members of this forum are still subscribed to it! (And many have been since it was provided by the RAC before they switched to the AA!!)

The price has definitely crept up over the years tho' - It's gone up by nearly 50% since I first started using them...! Still cheaper than the equiv. AA cover tho'...

48 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota Roadside Assistance hasn't been withdrawn as far as I'm aware, and is still featured on Toyota GB's website: Roadside Assistance | Owners | Toyota UK

It has also been a Which? best buy for the past three or four years

Well, that's answered my question.  I must inform my local Mr T because he didn't know the offering was still available.

Thanks to all who replied - no further replies needed.

Been an RAC member for over 9 years and one day decided to stop been a member for a road side assist since I never actually used any of those services then shortly after few months I needed a help and recovery, hahah all done by the phone on the day of incident and cost me a little fortune. Now I have a green flag provided by my insurance. Hopefully will no need to find out how good they will be. 👍