Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat nav sd card slot Aygo 2017?

DonnyDeb

I can't find the sd card slot in my Aygo xclusive 2017 plate. I've checked the glove box but couldn't find anything. Can anybody help? 

If you have the X-Touch sat nav module installed, there will be a small sliding hatch in the left side of the glove box, and the SD card slot will be behind the hatch.

• Like 1

Hi, I have the xclusive model and I have looked in the glove box and can't find anything. Does this mean my car can't have a sat nav? I'm not happy if so, because I've had a lot older cars with built in sat nav 🤨

Some Aygos now come with Apple car play so it uses google maps on a screen via your phone. Personally I find this much better.

52 minutes ago, DonnyDeb said:

Hi, I have the xclusive model and I have looked in the glove box and can't find anything. Does this mean my car can't have a sat nav? I'm not happy if so, because I've had a lot older cars with built in sat nav 🤨

You should have asked that question when you bought the car !

1 hour ago, DonnyDeb said:

If you have an early 2018 model with the 2 button radio then the (not very good) Toyota sat nav option can be added, BUT it's expensive and needs a special SD card with the maps.

A better option is to fit the (direct replacement) 3 button radio (which was standard from late 2018 on) which supports CarPlay and Android Auto so you can use the sat nav on a smartphone.

Thank you for your help. Think I'll stick with my disappointment and use Google maps on my phone. Not paying for an extra that should've come as standard in most other cars made in 2018 😏 👍

On 8/26/2021 at 7:35 AM, Wiz201 said:

Some Aygos now come with apple car play so it uses google maps on a screen via your phone. Personally I find this much better.

Unfortunately my car is 2 months too old to have the android auto option. 

On 8/26/2021 at 8:12 AM, martswain said:

You should have asked that question when you bought the car !

On hindsight yes but it wasn't a priority at the time. I guess I saw the screen and presumed it had sat nav, like my previous 2 cars! 

35 minutes ago, DonnyDeb said:

Think I'll stick with my disappointment and use Google maps on my phone.

Do you have the 3 button radio?

Unfortunately no 😕

Might be worth Googling for the 3 button radio (it's a direct swap for the 2 button one) as then you'll be able to use CarPlay or Android Auto and see Google maps on the screen rather than having to (illegally?) use your phone.

Can anybody tell me the latest as card number for 2017 Argo cannot read my old card all scuffed up so cannot enter into Toyota system 

21 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Might be worth Googling for the 3 button radio (it's a direct swap for the 2 button one) as then you'll be able to use CarPlay or Android Auto and see Google maps on the screen rather than having to (illegally?) use your phone.

21 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Illegally? They sell phone holders for cars and if Google maps set up before journey and no contact with it until journey finished, is that illegal? Thanks for your help. I'll look into the 3 button radio. 

• Like 2

Selling a phone holder is not illegal, that would be the case even if mobile phones were banned completely.

Whether using a sat nav on mobile phone or in car sat nav, it is only illegal if the touches it when in control of the car.  

Illegally? They sell phone holders for cars and if Google maps set up before journey and no contact with it until journey finished, is that illegal?

26 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Whether using a sat nav on mobile phone or in car sat nav, it is only illegal if the touches it when in control of the car.  

It's a grey area that the Government have announced will be sorted out - currently touching a phone for the purpose of "communication" (i.e. a phone call or a message) IS illegal but for other purposes (e.g. sat nav) isn't, BUT this will be changed when legislation is put before Parliament so that touching a phone for any purpose will be illegal.

16 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

It's a grey area that the Government have announced will be sorted out - currently touching a phone for the purpose of "communication" (i.e. a phone call or a message) IS illegal but for other purposes (e.g. sat nav) isn't, BUT this will be changed when legislation is put before Parliament so that touching a phone for any purpose will be illegal

So...no sat nav, no Google maps, no chance of me finding Torquay then 😂

51 minutes ago, DonnyDeb said:

As well as Google maps (via CarPlay) I have something that many people regard as merely of historical interest in my Aygo - a Road Atlas 😁 - which is much better at any sat nav app at finding ways around a road closed because of an accident/WHY.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

As well as Google maps (via CarPlay) I have something that many people regard as merely of historical interest in my Aygo - a Road Atlas 😁 - which is much better at any sat nav app at finding ways around a road closed because of an accident/WHY.

Haha. Nooo, Google maps tells you which roads to avoid because of traffic/accidents, well in advance, and gives you a quicker alternative route to follow. An atlas, unfortunately, doesn't. I'll get one as back-up though. Thank you 🙂

The Aygo has a lot of different specs, the base cars come with nothing extra apart from AC and front electric windows

i will see if i can find the specs for this year

2 hours ago, DonnyDeb said:

Did it say that. 
I read if you set your phone up before you set off then that’s ok….. and is vey doable

• Like 1

https://autocatalogarchive.com/toyota/?page_id=17008

the x-clusiv had the x-touch the x-nav was an option

You can usually find the x-nav used on eBay PZ41C-90331-00 but its not worth £295 new

PS. I have the 819 update for the x-connect/triple play aka YV020 and YV010 if anyone requires it

Audio 8.12

OS1 8.15

OS2 8.17

On 8/29/2021 at 1:11 PM, flash22 said:

https://autocatalogarchive.com/toyota/?page_id=17008

the x-clusiv had the x-touch the x-nav was an option

You can usually find the x-nav used on ebay PZ41C-90331-00 but its not worth £295 new

PS. I have the 819 update for the x-connect/triple play aka YV020 and YV010 if anyone requires it

Audio 8.12

OS1 8.15

OS2 8.17

Very helpful. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Did it say that. 
I read if you set your phone up before you set off then that’s ok….. and is vey doable

Yes, that's what I thought.