Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat nav sd card slot Aygo 2017?

DonnyDeb

6 minutes ago, DonnyDeb said:

Yes, that's what I thought. 

Back in June we went on hols to Norfolk, 210 miles away. Set the destination on Waze to the Premier Inn we staying and set of. I didn’t keep to the original route I chose but that was not a problem. Waze knew where I wanted to go, I didn’t have to touch anything….. mobile sat nav got to where we told it to go. Job done.

As below, my phone holder isn't blocking my vision so until they make it law I'll probably be using Google maps on my phone. I'm sure my sister in Torquay will be happy to know I won't end up in Scotland after all 😉

Screenshot_20210829_143933_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Back in June we went on hols to Norfolk, 210 miles away. Set the destination on Waze to the Premier Inn we staying and set of. I didn’t keep to the original route I chose but that was not a problem. Waze knew where I wanted to go, I didn’t have to touch anything….. mobile sat nav got to where we told it to go. Job done.

Exactly. Torquay here I come! 😁

47 minutes ago, DonnyDeb said:

As below, my phone holder isn't blocking my vision so until they make it law I'll probably be using Google maps on my phone.

The Highway Code states that obstructions on the windscreen (like a phone holder, sat-nav or a Dashcam) must not intrude more than 40mm into the area swept by the windscreen wiper. So have a dash mount.

Once it becomes illegal to touch even for the purpose of navigation, you should be able to control Google Maps/Android Auto by voice.

35 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

The Highway Code states that obstructions on the windscreen (like a phone holder, sat-nav or a dashcam) must not intrude more than 40mm into the area swept by the windscreen wiper. So have a dash mount.

Once it becomes illegal to touch even for the purpose of navigation, you should be able to control Google Maps/Android Auto by voice.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DonnyDeb said:

Google maps tells you which roads to avoid because of traffic/accidents, well in advance, and gives you a quicker alternative route to follow.

But only if the traffic/accident has been reported, and if you are early "on the scene" you will be there before it's reported - no mapping system will be able to route you round a problem it doesn't yet know exists ☺️

I've seen people rely on sat nav's and ending up driving into the river, shouldn't rely on technology

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, simon p said:

I've seen people rely on sat nav's and ending up driving into the river, shouldn't rely on technology

100% agree, sat nav should be treated as a guide not absolute truth. Maps may not be up-to-date and GPS location accuracy can vary depending on how many satellites are visible.

1 hour ago, PetrolDave said:

100% agree, sat nav should be treated as a guide not absolute truth. Maps may not be up-to-date and GPS location accuracy can vary depending on how many satellites are visible.

Haha you'd have to be pretty stupid to drive into a river 😂

The sad thing is that has happened, more than once, and I know of at least one of those times the driver tried to sue the GPS manufacturer...

(More reasons why manufactures put seemingly stupid warnings on everything! :laugh: )

21 minutes ago, Cyker said:

The sad thing is that has happened, more than once, and I know of at least one of those times the driver tried to sue the GPS manufacturer...

(More reasons why manufactures put seemingly stupid warnings on everything! :laugh: )

Obviously some people need them!  😆

14 hours ago, DonnyDeb said:

Haha you'd have to be pretty stupid to drive into a river 😂

A few years ago there was even someone who turned onto a railway track - because their sat nav told them to 😜

There's no level of stupidity which some people (nobody on here) can show.

• Haha 1