Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delivery times

Teefin

I have ordered my new Rav 4 excel FWD and after placing the order with dealer was notified car was being built on the My T app.

Next update was car has left the factory in Japan this was about 3 weeks ago.

does anyone have any experience of how long it takes, from this notification being received to the car arriving at a dealership in the UK.

• Like 1

It depends on the ship, direction and port calls, it can sit dock side for a few weeks till it has cleared and has had its uk options fitted so 6-8 weeks

14-18 weeks from the date of order

Some spec cars are delayed as they are waiting on the supply chain for parts

Thanks for that I was expecting 12-16 weeks so was surprised when the app said it had left the factory after a week.

Once mine arrived in UK it went to the Toyota factory in Derby area for some reason for a month and arrived at dealer today.  

Toyota suggest that: "The process of making a car can be roughly divided into stamping, welding, painting, assembly and inspections, which takes about 17-18 hours in total" - so it's not actually 'in' the factory for very long at all!

It then has to:

• Wait for a slot on the boat
  • Travel by sea - Sea freight takes around 40 days, plus a few days either side for loading, unloading and customs clearance, but the vessel may not come directly to the UK - it may have other stops on the way that can extend the journey time
  • I believe they typically unload in Bristol and can be stored there for some time
  • From there they go to Toyota in Burnaston ...
  • ... and then to the dealer for delivery to you

If the dealer has said 12-16 weeks that that is probably what it will be! 😉

• Like 1

Yeah, it's mad how quickly a car can be created these days - I know a lot of it is robots, but there is still a lot of human involved in the construction too.

It's funny that the transport and paperwork take more time than building the car!! :laugh: 

My original dealer estimate was 28th May having placed the order on the 22nd of Feb. It arrived at the dealer 24th May so pretty accurate.  My timeline was,

Order placed 22nd Feb, Processing order 27th Feb, Build in progress 27th March, Left factory 8th April, Arrived at dealer 24th May.  I asked my dealer for a call or email update every 4 weeks which he did and this tracked the MyT app.

Mine was ordered late June and arrived end August.  About 10 weeks.  I was able to get the VIN from the dealer early and see it was a Japanese made car but after that no info until they rang me to say it was in the UK and I got it a few days later.

Ordered mine on the 27th of July and was told a delivery date of end October / beginning of November.

Received an update saying it was started being built on Tuesday, so keeping an eye for any updates but looks to be going to plan.

On 8/26/2021 at 8:45 PM, Teefin said:

I have ordered my new Rav 4 excel FWD and after placing the order with dealer was notified car was being built on the My T app.

does anyone have any experience of how long it takes, from this notification being received to the car arriving at a dealership in the UK.

Out of interest, what colour interior did you pick?  It appears Black is quick, I ordered Beige which put it up to 24 week wait!

Our in-laws chr has just been put back from early Oct to end Oct.  I thought early Oct was never on the cards to be honest even with the car being one of the dealer allocation lot.

The missus Yaris is still on for end September so far.

2 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

Out of interest, what colour interior did you pick?  It appears Black is quick, I ordered Beige which put it up to 24 week wait!

I went for the black, the sales guy said it's the most popular choice and I preferred it anyway. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2021 at 8:45 PM, Teefin said:

Mine arrived from Japan (a couple of weeks shipping I think) on 18th August. Been stuck in Derby for over a week. Canton find a transporter to get it up my way until Wednesday or Thursday. My situation slightly complicated by some admin ***** up by my company car folks.

I think yours should be any time now.

@Nick72, sorry to hear it’s still in limbo. I have to say that whilst the tracking is good and much better than other manufactures I’ve bought in the past the detail once it’s arrived in the UK is a bit lacking. In the US the “Derby shuffle” is carried out at a facility in the port which I think also does the PDI, and adds none factory extras, so once it’s through the “port” it’s a simple check once it’s arrived at the dealers.

Hopefully you’ll get yours soon now, chin up at least you know where it is and can keep the pressure on the dealer once it’s arrived.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

@Nick72, sorry to hear it’s still in limbo. I have to say that whilst the tracking is good and much better than other manufactures I’ve bought in the past the detail once it’s arrived in the UK is a bit lacking. In the US the “Derby shuffle” is carried out at a facility in the port which I think also does the PDI, and adds none factory extras, so once it’s through the “port” it’s a simple check once it’s arrived at the dealers.

Hopefully you’ll get yours soon now, chin up at least you know where it is and can keep the pressure on the dealer once it’s arrived.

👍🤞

On 8/30/2021 at 12:40 AM, Nick72 said:

Mine arrived from Japan (a couple of weeks shipping I think) on 18th August. Been stuck in Derby for over a week. Canton find a transporter to get it up my way until Wednesday or Thursday. My situation slightly complicated by some admin ***** up by my company car folks.

I was expecting middle end of October so if it comes earlier all the better.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 8:03 PM, Yugguy1970 said:

Our in-laws chr has just been put back from early Oct to end Oct.  I thought early Oct was never on the cards to be honest even with the car being one of the dealer allocation lot.

The missus Yaris is still on for end September so far.

I think depending on extras and colour even can delay it, I'm hoping I was lucky and decoma grey and black interior standard so hopefully no big delays.

On 8/30/2021 at 12:40 AM, Nick72 said:

Can you remember when you got notified it had left the factory?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Teefin said:

Can you remember when you got notified it had left the factory?

I wasn't notified per se but I only ordered it 9 or 10 weeks ago. Arrived in UK from Japan on i think 18th August. Should have come to my local dealer on 22nd I think  but fools in my company car company decided they wanted new September plates on it. So delayed delivery without telling me. 

At a guess you should be looking at no more than 3 or 4 weeks?

So checked the My T app and it has arrived in dock on the South coast exciting times.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well spoke to dealer today and latest info they have is they should receive it around 22nd September, if that is right then it is only 8 weeks from ordering so happy days.

might wait until 1st October though for future tax renewals.

ordered a dynamic with JBL and Panoramic roof plus towbar  fit from factory 7th July still says processing on MyT and dealer has said probably December or January delivery. Changing for a PHEV model which is on its way and should be delivered end November as no extras fitted . I think its quicker if you want more of a standard build but reduced production and chip shortage are now hitting Toyota as well.

will need to wait and see if predicted date is accurate. 

• Like 1