Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Fog Lights on 2001 T22 Avensis Wagon

Al Rivellino

Does anyone out there know the procedure to replace the Front Left Fog Light on a 2001 T22 Avensis Wagon?  Can it be done from the front of the bumper through the slot next to the fixture or does the wheel well shield above the front tire need to be removed??  Thanks, Al.

I have the Haynes manual, so will check for any info. 

Thanks, would appreciate it.  Basically, I'd like to know if the removal/replacement of Driver Side Fog Light can be done from the slot next to it in the front bumper or if the entire Mud Shield above the tire needs to be removed.  i think it's one or the other & lying on my back to remove the shield is not an option!?  😞  They don't make it easy to work on cars any more.  I also have a '69 Cadillac & working on it is So Very Easy!  Thanks.

I looked at the Haynes manual, and it states to remove the under shield and part of the archer liner. There are no pictures. When I owned my old T22 and had to replace one of the washers pumps, it was just a case of removing clips and screws around the area of the fog lights. The manual also states that the unit is held in place by one screw and locating pins, so just remove the screw.

OK, Konrad, got you.  I'll give it a shot & let you know how it goes.  Thanks for your help, Al.

Here is a diagram showing how the fog lights are secured by a single bolt. 

image.thumb.png.720b640479ef4ac4baf47a050a5e9fb8.png

As I mentioned in my earlier reply, Remove bolts/clips as necessary from the under tray near the fog light to access the screw, which is vertical, as show in the image. 
While composing this post, I did some more searching and found this -  https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{A972D00E-3025-4567-80B7-B2667BC66BB2}/Front foglamp set PZ417-T0511-00.pdf

It was for adding fog lamps, but gives you an idea on how to access and remove the light unit. 

OK, Konrad, the deed is now DONE!  I went to the local Hobby Shop to use a lift today.  Once I had it on the life, the job was pretty easy.  You need only remove the 'bottom' Mud Guard.  It's held in place by Nine (9) 10mm Hex Screws.  Once they are removed the Mud Guard comes out pretty easily.  Then there's just One 10mm Hex Screw holding the Fog Light Fixture to the chasis.  Remove that & push the fixture forward & out of the front of the bumper.  Remove the 'clip' securing the electrical shank to the back of the fixture.  Reinstalling everything is in the opposite direction of uninstalling.  Voila!   Thanks for your help.

• Thanks 1