Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Engine Management Light - No Loss of Power

assetman

My engine management light came on about 4 weeks ago. it's been looked at by 3 local repair guys, the 1st said it's valvetronic controller however the other 2 said though that's what showing up along with a few other codes they are not too sure. I've switched over to Shell V-Power petrol and driven the car on numerous short 1-2 mile trips and a few 200 mile trips with no loss of power.

Occasionally, the light has not come on at start of a journey then comes on at start of next journey. The last time it didn't come on was after I fille dit with petrol, it stayed off all day then came on next day.

Any ideas folks?

That's why i always have a cheap scanner tool with me.

What are the codes? 

I doubt it's valvematic controller, there would be loss of power.

If the check engine light is solid, you can drive. If it's blinking, then it's an issue that needs immediate attention.

3 hours ago, furtula said:

That's why i always have a cheap scanner tool with me.

What are the codes? 

I doubt it's valvematic controller, there would be loss of power.

If the check engine light is solid, you can drive. If it's blinking, then it's an issue that needs immediate attention.

Engine light is solid - codes P1047, P1604, P2649

On 8/27/2021 at 5:57 PM, assetman said:

Engine light is solid - codes P1047, P1604, P2649

P1047 Valvematic Driver Learned Value Error / Power Source Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 - The power supply to the continuously variable valve lift controller assembly is cut and the continuously variable valve lift controller internal EDU actuator position learned value cannot be learned or is abnormal (1 trip detection logic).

P1604 Startability Malfunction - This DTC is stored when the engine does not start even though the STA signal is input or when the engine takes a long time to start, and when the engine speed is low or the engine stalls just after the engine starts.

Using the GTS, the conditions present when the DTC was stored can be confirmed by referring to the freeze frame data. Freeze frame data records engine conditions when a malfunction occurs. This information can be useful when troubleshooting.

It is necessary to check if the vehicle ran out of fuel before performing troubleshooting, as this DTC is also stored when there is engine starting trouble due to running out of fuel.

P2649 "A" Rocker Arm Actuator Control Circuit High Bank 1 - Actuator overcurrent (1 trip detection logic).

• If DTC P1046, P1047 or P1055 is output at the same time as DTC P2648 or P2649, disregard DTCs P1046, P1047 and P1055 and proceed with the inspection.

REPLACE CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE VALVE LIFT CONTROLLER ASSEMBLY

1. Replace the continuously variable valve lift controller assembly.

P2469 is your significant code and the Toyota diagnosis/repair is literally replace the continuously variable valve lift controller assembly nothing more nothing less.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Devon Aygo, thanks for your response. I've driven 2 X 200 mile round trips. Going the light was on, coming back light was off. Monday drive 5-6 short trips ( less than 2 miles) and then light was off all day for a few more short trips only to be back on next morning.

Is this symptomatic of vvt controller failure?