Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine cut out and electronics went out

Tiana

Hi there, looking for a bit of advice. On the motorway my car suddenly cut out and all the electronics stopped working. I had to pull in the hard shoulder by gliding my car in on the residual speed. Once I stopped, I turned the key to off and then back and the car started first time. This has not happened since.

I've spoken to two mechanics at different garages since. Please excuse my lack of detail on this, I'm not mechanically minded! One used the reader to get the diagnostics code and said the butterfly valve was probably at fault, although it looked completely fine when they inspected (said it may have got temporarily jammed) . The second opinion was that it would have been more than that and probably linked to the electronics, but without seeing the codes and because it's only happened once, they would be uncomfortable giving a diagnosis....

My question is, does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm frightened that I won't get a clear diagnosis on this and it's made me wary of my car.....

On 8/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, Tiana said:

Hi there, looking for a bit of advice. On the motorway my car suddenly cut out and all the electronics stopped working. I had to pull in the hard shoulder by gliding my car in on the residual speed. Once I stopped, I turned the key to off and then back and the car started first time. This has not happened since.

I've spoken to two mechanics at different garages since. Please excuse my lack of detail on this, I'm not mechanically minded! One used the reader to get the diagnostics code and said the butterfly valve was probably at fault, although it looked completely fine when they inspected (said it may have got temporarily jammed) . The second opinion was that it would have been more than that and probably linked to the electronics, but without seeing the codes and because it's only happened once, they would be uncomfortable giving a diagnosis....

My question is, does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm frightened that I won't get a clear diagnosis on this and it's made me wary of my car.....

Oh I hope someone on here has some information on this. What model is your car?

It's a Toyota verso icon 2016. I've got another mechanic booked in for a third opinion.

Be sure to update this thread with their findings as very curious. It's very concerning and I hope you get this sorted.