Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota service slipping

Rosgoe

Is it just me or is Toyota customer service slipping phoned up my local dealer to book a service.

Person who answered phone said sorry she could not get through to them she said can I phone you back gave her my number still waiting!

However I will try again to give them the benefit of doubt.

I know I can book on line but I need to speak to service advisor about a couple of problems with car.

I think everything is slipping these days after lockdowns and brexit, nothing is the same anymore🤭😳, although Apple did excellent today to help me solve a problem with my iPad.
Wish you good luck with Toyota 🤞

We've had excellent presales service from Listers cov.  I got my first service free for taking the car with slight boot damage that they are going to fix for free anyway, and my second free for recommending our in laws.

They have chopped their old Mondeo in for a ChR and had agreed their monthlies.  Listers rang them today to say they could get more for their old car on trade in, not scrappage and that their monthlies had gone down by 30 quid.  They didn't have to do that, the in-laws were happy with the first deal.

• Like 1

Must admit I was not too happy with the after sales service of my dealer. On collecting the car (pre-registered) they pointed out a scratch on the rear spoiler which they arranged to repair. No problem there but 12 months later I noticed the paint repair was blistering. Called the dealer who asked me to take it in to get inspected by their paint guy (30+ mile round trip) only to find out he was not there at the appointed time. The receptionist took photos and the car was booked in for repair. Took it in and was told it would take 1 day to repair so was surprised when 1 hour later they said it was ready to pick up. Drove back there to find they had done nothing and the blisters were still there. Blew my top at the paint guy who needs a new job if he couldn’t see the blisters as he claimed and spoke to a sales manager who asked me to get a quote from a Toyota approved body shop closer to my home which I did who sent it to the dealer directly. Then heard nothing. Chased it up with the dealer only to find out the sales guy I spoke to had been sacked (not related to my car I might add) and nobody there claimed to know anything about it. Eventually got it sorted but am far from impressed with the dealer. I have a service plan with them and enquired about changing it to a much better dealer closer to my home but alas can not be done.

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I think everything is slipping these days after lockdowns and brexit, nothing is the same anymore🤭😳, although Apple did excellent today to help me solve a problem with my iPad.
Wish you good luck with Toyota 🤞

Can’t blame everything on Covid19, or lockdowns, or brexit, or the weather. Human nature being what it is we just have to take the bad with the good stay calm and carry on 😃.

• Like 1

Dealers never call back* unless it involves money

* parts Dept are usually good, but they do get snowed under occasionally

3 attempts to get my airbag recall done so far - not impressed, it's a 15-min job max

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Dealers never call back* unless it involves money

* parts Dept are usually good, but they do get snowed under occasionally

3 attempts to get my airbag recall done so far - not impressed, it's a 15-min job max

Is that the long standing problem with air bags that affected virtually all major manufacturers.?

Sounds like one person, at one dealership - maybe having a bad day, or poorly trained?

Does that really mean that a nationwide business’s service is slipping. . . ? 

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Is that the long standing problem with air bags that affected virtually all major manufacturers.?

yes, they get the parts in, if another car needs the recall and is in the workshop yours gets bumped, im sure if i was paying for it would get done

Maybe this is why in a recent survey Toyota satisfaction / reliability has slipped to 5th position? I haven't seen many complaints on this forum regarding problems so must admit I found this result surprising ,,,, Lexus came out top

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

yes, they get the parts in, if another car needs the recall and is in the workshop yours gets bumped, im sure if i was paying for it would get done

You must have one of the less good Toyota dealers. I had to wait some time but when they called it went ahead. I must have a good one, Lindops,  Queensferry and Wrexham, north Wales

1 minute ago, 50p said:

Maybe this is why in a recent survey Toyota satisfaction / reliability has slipped to 5th position? I haven't seen many complaints on this forum regarding problems so must admit I found this result surprising ,,,, Lexus came out top

Is that the survey where Dacia was second?

You don't know how lucky you are catlover! The lindop dealers is PartsKing's group - They were consistently the #1 rated group on this forum back when we still had a dealer rankings/reviews section on this forum, and that was out of every dealer in the country!

I wish they were all that good!!

6 hours ago, Cyker said:

You don't know how lucky you are catlover! The lindop dealers is PartsKing's group - They were consistently the #1 rated group on this forum back when we still had a dealer rankings/reviews section on this forum, and that was out of every dealer in the country!

I wish they were all that good!!

We been using Lindop Queensferry since 2015, but wife had a Yaris diesel since 2013, then I got one 2014, both used diesel vehicles. Mine got called in for a diesel turbo recall inspection and needed a new turbo fitted. I was recovering from an operation, wasn’t driving, so selected Lindop to collect the car. It was PartsKing that collected and brought back the car, so just met him once… nice guy.  Since then we used Lindop for servicing/MOT. Always found them friendly, chatty, informative. I get offered…… collect car, loan car, they drop us off at the shops. Sometimes we choose loan car, sometimes we walk to the shops (maybe a mile-good exercise). 
To anyone within travelling distance of either Queensferry or Wrexham I recommend giving Lindop a go.

• Like 1

The dealership near us where we have bought our last 3 cars (each, my partner and I) have been exemplary even throughout lockdown, pre and post sale.

19 hours ago, Catlover said:

Is that the survey where Dacia was second?

Yes, that's the one