Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed camera notifications

PhillVR46

Hi all, first post here so please forgive any mistakes.

A couple of weeks ago my sat nav stopped notifying me of speed cameras unless I have my mobile tethered.  I've checked and tried switching on/off the option to use camera information from the internet and checked for map updates.  Current map info Map DB Version 2019 V2, 2021 v1 region GB, IE.  Wondering if anyone has the same issue or knows a fix.  Would prefer to use the cars satnav rather than Android Auto.

Are you saying that before that the car sat nav used to notify you of speed cameras, that is when you were not tethered to your mobile.

Hi Phill and welcome!

Have you recently updated the map? When i is updated via Wi-Fi it seems the speed cameras stop working and you get limited maps, eg GB, IE.

They should return if you update using USB and you will get more maps!

As David has said you need to download the 2021v1 map update via your computer then unzip the file to a usb 16gb or greater then transfer the usb to the car takes about 4 to 5 hrs depending on your internet speed including the loading of maps to the head unit.

if you download Ota you will only get the basic update which is why the speed camera alerts only work if you  share your phones internet connection with the touch 2 with go.

welcome to the club.

Thanks for the responses everyone, much appreciated.  I'm downloading 2021v1 now.  I couldn't download 2021v1 until I downloaded 2020v2.  Can I update straight to 2021 or do I need to put the 2020 update on first?