Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Manifold Cat

Tommy Aygo

Hi all, we have a 2011 "Go" edition with 87k and discovered today that the exhaust manifold which encompasses the catalytic converter is blowing. It may just need a new gasket or I suspect a new manifold cat. 

I've looked at replacements and prices vary dependant on whether it's a euro 4 or euro 5 emission standard. Question is, how do I know if it's a euro 4 or 5.  I've checked eBay and according to them it fits when I enter my vehicle details. But when I go on euro carparts when I enter my reg, I have a euro 5. Help please and thanks all in advance.

Does it not say on the V5C vehicle registration document (log book) what Euro standard it is?

Should be euro 5 (All new registration after 1 January 2011)

One possible way to detect what is blowing is by spraying it with Soapy water then start the engine (observe where it bubbles up).

8 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Does it not say on the V5C vehicle registration document (log book) what Euro standard it is?

I've checked the V5 and where it's says euro status is blank. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Aygo said:

I've checked the V5 and where it's says euro status is blank. 

On the V5, look for the car's Registration date.  Before 1 January 2011, that's Euro 4.  After 1 January 2011, that's Euro 5.

Furthermore: 

I'm a little bit scratchy with Aftermarket CAT. (Especially with Euro 5 and onwards).  Newer car are very sensitive when it comes to emission.  (The car's electronic MIGHT decide to have a fight with the Aftermarket CAT.)

So if I were you, I would keep the original CAT whenever possible.  Better for both your wallet and any "potential emission related trouble" down the road.

5 hours ago, Vandals01 said:

On the V5, look for the car's Registration date.  Before 1 January 2011, that's Euro 4.  After 1 January 2011, that's Euro 5.

Furthermore: 

I'm a little bit scratchy with Aftermarket CAT. (Especially with Euro 5 and onwards).  Newer car are very sensitive when it comes to emission.  (The car's electronic MIGHT decide to have a fight with the Aftermarket CAT.)

So if I were you, I would keep the original CAT whenever possible.  Better for both your wallet and any "potential emission related trouble" down the road.

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping it's just the gasket which I've ordered and see if my local mechanic can then refresh the existing one. Appreciate the help👍