Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

About a lot of km

Lok

I want to ask because I am covere a lot km per year around 50.000km so it's ok to buy Prius 2018. Engine can cover a lot km because if I buy I don't want to change it after 3 years

Edited by Lok

If looked after they have Been proven to 3-400k miles (600,000 km) without any major work 500k miles is common

Manfred Dvorak is an Austrian taxi driver who’s Prius  amassed over 621k miles, all on the original battery while in use. While it is no longer a taxi vehicle, it is still being currently used as a roadside assistance vehicle. Dvorak said that the Prius has never broken down on him, and still maintains its ability to accelerate and handle quickly, regardless of the high mileage.

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/driver-1-million-driven-prius-miles-owner-300000-mile-toyota-prius-shares-high-mileage-secrets

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/bob-old-and-his-435000-mile-hybrid/

https://artofgears.com/2016/02/23/this-second-generation-toyota-prius-has-close-to-600000-miles/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have read an article in car mechanics magazine where a contributor had an early Prius had 180,000 on the clock they clocked the mileage up to 250,000 miles only a wheel bearing replaced and obviously service items and no oil leaks.

• Like 1

As I said earlier…. Go on You Tube and you will plenty owners in the USA covering 200,000 and more miles trouble free. Oil and oil filter changes vital.

Remember, as Prius has a Battery it means up to 50% of the cars mileage the engine will not even be turning. So 200,000 car miles is 100,000 engine miles.

• Like 1

Wow, these are impressive figures here! 👍 I would love to see my one getting there too, so far so good but very young and no where near these numbers although my car get properly used on regular basis I only have one reward sticker 150k last August and if everything goes as usual will have my next one just after a new year 200k🏁🤞 , lockdowns put brakes on my mission. 

• Like 1

Look at a YouTube channel called Vat care Nut, he recommends very strongly to do 5000 mile oil changes if you intend to keep the car a long time. Oil is cheaper than engines!

1 hour ago, Saxmaniac said:

Look at a YouTube channel called Vat care Nut, he recommends very strongly to do 5000 mile oil changes if you intend to keep the car a long time. Oil is cheaper than engines!

That’s ok if you want to do that but seriously 10k miles are absolutely fine as long as you use the correct oil. I do 5x10000miles oil changes  in a year and no problems at all, I only top up around 500-600ml between the changes, sometimes I use additives instead of fresh oil for the top ups and every second change I do engine flush, so far my engine performs as always without any lost of power, efficiency or any additional noises, plus engine is nice and clean without any sludge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saxmaniac said:

If that is 5000 mile car miles it means the engine may have only done 3000 miles before an oil change (40% Battery use). Was YouTube guy talking about hybrid cars or non hybrid cars.?

You need to be cautious comparing what happens in the States.

They use a lower quality oil and a lower quality cheap filter.  They can do this because they service 6 monthly or 5,000 miles, whichever comes first.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links