Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem with caliper bases

billdere

Hi, 

My name is Basilis and i live in Greece.

I have a corolla Ε150 of 2008 1.6 124HP

the problem I have is that the front calipers were knocking, especially in the puddles it hits a lot.
has any of you dealt with it? and if so what has he done? definitely wants a caliper base.

Hi,

You want to check the following - 

The 2 bolts holding the caliper bracket to the backplate, are they tight ?

The 2 Slider bolts holding the caliper to the bracket, are they free to move as they can seize up.

Have you checked for play in the suspension, particularly the anti-roll bar bushes and drop links ?

If all that seems ok and the discs/rotors and pads seems ok, then it could just be pad 'rattle' , that can happen when you go over bumps and potholes,  if you go over the same bumps that cause the rattle , but this time lightly apply the brakes , if the noise has gone then its likely pads rattle. It often happens shortly after fitting new pads.

The hit he makes is from the caliper. The pins have taken over and they were hiting.. think when i hit the wheel with my hand the metallic noise is heard.

A month ago i changed pins but after 2 days again the same.

IMG_20210717_171029.HEIC IMG_20210717_171029.HEIC IMG_20210717_171026.HEIC IMG_20210717_170942.HEIC

Not sure if this is related, however I had this on my old Avensis. I changed the pad and pins to no avail. Terrible knocking noise. Took it to the dealers and they fitted revised calliper brackets - and the problem went away. Fortunately it was covered under extended warranty too!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links