Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris hybrid floor mats.

moby2

We bought e new Yaris hybrid in May and in general are very pleased with it, but can someone tell me if it should have been supplied with floor mats when we collected it, I only ask because when we got it home I noticed the back seat release button was missing one side,! The dealer ordered one and it was duly fitted, a month later when cleaning it I noticed the rear parcel shelf was missing, this was ordered and fitted, now when cleaning the carpets I noticed there were no floor mats, just the basic carpets, and I am now wondering if these were mislaid as well, I think this car was used to supply missing parts for other cars, it had just 10 miles on the clock so it’s not old and we were first owners, I would like to know before I blow my top and demand a proper PDI check in case something else is missing. The dealer was Toyota Crawley.

Only if it was on your sales order/contract with the dealer otherwise they are an option (although many dealers would automatically throw in a set of cheap mats).

Always worth trying to blag it though. 😉

All Toyotas come with carpet mats as std 

If.you are near Nottingham you can have mine I swapped for rubber day 1 

mats are part of the protection pack, they are not supplied with a new car as standard

• Thanks 1

Flash, and Heidfirst, are 100% correct they are in addition to the car including mud flaps & boot liner, although they are usually thrown in to clinch a deal. I would go back to the dealership and lodge a strong complaint as to how a new car can leave the dealership and have essential parts missing and demand a proper PDI check on the car and as compensation ask for your floor mats, boot liner, and mud flaps if you don’t have them. And ask for proof of that PDI which you are entitled to. Don’t be too modest to ask or complain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Mats are part of the protection pack,

They can also be bought separately.

Aldi & Lidl sell cheap mats a couple of times per year but the fronts won't be able to use the fixings that are in the floor of the car. You might get some from eBay that will cheaper than Toyota OEM.

Certainly have a crack at the dealer though.

Bought a CHR brand new in 2017 and that came with mats as standard and from then onwards I was told All Toyota will come with mats as standard my new car coming next month will have them as standard as well.

All my brand new Toyotas came with mats included. Once I had the protection pack and ended up with both the rubber mats fitted and the original mats in the boot.

Also 10 miles sounds a tiny bit high for a brand new car. Mine only had about 2-3 miles on them. I’d fire an email to Toyota and complain about your experience

I picked up a car in 2020 brand new and it had 17 miles on it and it just arrived on the transporter to the dealership so I dont think is too shabby for a brand new car

I'm not sure if the car is supposed to come with mats or not, but I think they should come with a basic set of carpet mats although it doesn't seem to list that on the spec sheet I have - I specced the Protection+ pack on my Mk4 for the rubber mats, but when I got the car it had all carpet mats and the rubber mats were in the boot, so now I have two sets of mats!

Was the OP's car brand new? That's a pretty disgraceful state if it is - The sort of issues described are what we've seen where people have bought the ex-demonstrator car that has been loaned out to all and sundry. It's bad enough getting a car like that, but it's inexcusable on a new car.

I'd go with Bernard's suggestion and give them a good <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ing - Can't let the dealers keep getting away with such shoddiness when you're dropping a five-figure sum on a car!!

If you really don't have any luck, eBay is the next best bet - You can get some decent rubber mats for a lot less than what they'd cost from Toyota, and they'd have the hole clips.  The Mk4 is very new tho' so they may not have ones specific for the Mk4 yet...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I'm not sure if the car is supposed to come with mats or not, but I think they should come with a basic set of carpet mats although it doesn't seem to list that on the spec sheet I have - I specced the Protection+ pack on my Mk4 for the rubber mats, but when I got the car it had all carpet mats and the rubber mats were in the boot, so now I have two sets of mats!

Was the OP's car brand new? That's a pretty disgraceful state if it is - The sort of issues described are what we've seen where people have bought the ex-demonstrator car that has been loaned out to all and sundry. It's bad enough getting a car like that, but it's inexcusable on a new car.

I'd go with Bernard's suggestion and give them a good <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ing - Can't let the dealers keep getting away with such shoddiness when you're dropping a five-figure sum on a car!!

If you really don't have any luck, eBay is the next best bet - You can get some decent rubber mats for a lot less than what they'd cost from Toyota, and they'd have the hole clips.  The Mk4 is very new tho' so they may not have ones specific for the Mk4 yet...

I had rubber mats on my 2019 Yaris Hybrid and with a slight modification I was able to fit them in my 2021 Yaris Hybrid  both passenger and driver side. It needed a slight adjustment to get the non-slip locking to fit. The one piece rear mat was a completely different so I had to discard it. I had bought the original rubber mats from Mick’s Garage. It helped that I had spent many many years as a fitter of floor coverings.

I ordered my Yaris with rubber mats , but they were just chucked in the boot and some cloth floor mats were in the car with white stiched Yaris branding on them.

However my car also came with the aluminium hybrid scuff plates and I never asked for them. 

None of my Toyota cars came with mats. They were extra that I needed to  negotiate for in the deal.

This firm sell really good quality mats for Mk 4 Yaris. I've just bought a set of rubber ones in anticipation of the cold, wet weather to come...

https://www.prestigecarmatcompany.co.uk/shop/toyota-car-mats/toyota-yaris-car-mats/toyota-yaris-hybrid-car-mats-2020-present

14 minutes ago, GR Weasel said:

I ordered my Yaris with rubber mats , but they were just chucked in the boot and some cloth floor mats were in the car with white stiched Yaris branding on them.

However my car also came with the aluminium hybrid scuff plates and I never asked for them. 

Probably all standard on the Launch Edition 👏

I've a new one piece rear floor mat for a MK3 hybrid Yaris. Found it was cheaper to order a complete set for my petrol MK3 than just fronts, as the fronts are the same for both petrol and hybrid, but the backs aren't. If anyone wants it for the cost of post?

8 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Only if it was on your sales order/contract with the dealer otherwise they are an option (although many dealers would automatically throw in a set of cheap mats).

Always worth trying to blag it though. 😉

6 hours ago, flash22 said:

Mats are part of the protection pack, they are not supplied with a new car as standard

All new Passenger cars in the UK are supplied with standard carpet mats, been that way since 2018

• Like 2

Thanks for the clarification - At least the OP has this information in case the dealer tries to fob them off saying mats aren't standard!

I really don't get what is going on with the dealers in the south east of the UK, esp. around London - I get really jealous of the good experiences you lot up north seem to have, as it's like none of the dealers down here give a flying flamingo about customer service or have any pride in their work!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

All new Passenger cars in the UK are supplied with standard carpet mats, been that way since 2018

By legislation?

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet-industry-news/2019/02/12/lack-of-car-protection-mats-could-prove-costly-for-fleets-warns-vgroup 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, moby2 said:

We bought e new Yaris hybrid in May and in general are very pleased with it, but can someone tell me if it should have been supplied with floor mats when we collected it, I only ask because when we got it home I noticed the back seat release button was missing one side,! The dealer ordered one and it was duly fitted, a month later when cleaning it I noticed the rear parcel shelf was missing, this was ordered and fitted, now when cleaning the carpets I noticed there were no floor mats, just the basic carpets, and I am now wondering if these were mislaid as well, I think this car was used to supply missing parts for other cars, it had just 10 miles on the clock so it’s not old and we were first owners, I would like to know before I blow my top and demand a proper PDI check in case something else is missing. The dealer was Toyota Crawley.

Lol, definitely something was not right about delivering of your car, all parts described by you should be in the car as standard. A word with the dealer for reimbursement or feee delivery of the missing parts should be prioritised. Good luck 👍

3 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Sorry should have said "All Toyota passenger cars" at least in the UK, not legislation, just a choice by Toyota UK.

• Like 1