Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Meetings

British_Bargains

Hi, only been a member for a very short time, but from club experiances (i was a range rover member for 20 years) whilst still owning a previa, we had local monthly meetings (local pub's) and at least 6 times a year we had major meets with a BIG BEER TENT, ive noticed for Toyota owners club is a lack of partisipation, no weekend camping trips, ok, you have the odd meet that others have organised,( the 25th was the most recent, but there was no info about it) but it's not the same, you need reginal members :thumbsup: , more meetings, which will gain more members, so, its a thought, maybe someone will take up

Northern mini meet's are held every 2 month's, we attend most Japanese car club national events, we are going to Germany in October to the Ring (goldmembers only) and we are attending the IOM Japanese performance weekend next year.

Sorry for not having one at your local pub but the northern mini meet's draw peeps from Newcastle across to Keswick and as far south as Mansfield and Stoke, they make the effort everytime so why can't you :unsure:

Hummm, have I hit a nerve.? I detect a bit of sarcasm in the answer, regards to “MAKE AN EFFORT” I actively for over 20 years attended almost every meeting the range rover register could throw at me, personally participating as a marshal, hosting club meetings, and generally getting suck in, and this twaddle about segregating members by silver gold etc. is total codswallop, clubs are there to enhance the fun of driving what ever you drive, not for making profit or keeping out those who cannot afford. :ffs:

Only one meet in the next year is for Goldmembers only, the rest are open for everyone.

As for the rest of your post you obviously know nothing about us so until you do i'd keep it shut mate.

this twaddle about segregating members by silver gold etc. is total codswallop, clubs are there to enhance the fun of driving what ever you drive, not for making profit or keeping out those who cannot afford. :ffs:

the different membership tiers are there so members can get what they want out of the club without paying too much and they are helping the site to keep running!

If they all paid the same some would complain if they werent using it as much as others where goldies get discount and tonnes more.................you get what you pay for!

As for your view on the meets side of things and just to clarify this with you:

WE ARENT THE :censor: RANGE ROVER :censor: CLUB

I know thats a little extreme but look at it this way, on this forum the majority of registered members are really looking for help with their car and arent really wanting big meets etc, the ones that do want these are the ones who participate, clubs can never be to everyones liking!

As ken said we have our northern meets and although you said there was no information about these i think you will find theres always plenty of notice and info reguarding these both in the meets section and in the general section clearly stating the location and the arrangements for convoys!

They could never really be local as the members are so spread out!

Hope this clarifys this a bit better!

have to agree to the comments already made, the club is open to all and run as non-profit, funds go to items for the club, stands, equip, hosting etc...

meets are organised by location regularly and people travel from all over to the ones they can make, definately not codswallop...

as shown at JAE last weekend all members chip in and help and have a monster time (read still hanging).

BB welcome to the club but think that the comments are harsh as from the comments made it appears that you havent had a good look around to see how the club actually runs and what goes on...

BB welcome to the club but think that the comments are harsh as from the comments made it appears that you havent had a good look around to see how the club actually runs and what goes on...

yea chill out

and welcome :D

sorted avensis!!! chill out, grief what's up with you.? so to voice an opinion is wrong.? to treat a new member with replies like "SHUT UP" is deplorable, the question I asked was are there any northern meets, and the proverbial **** hit the fan, AND yes I know its not the RANGER ROVER CLUB "Hou" fool!!!, for if it was and a member had replies like these he would certainly not be made welcome, so in conclusion, I will remain a member for the time being, and watch the postings, and then make my assumptions on it's majority of members then, I will not condem a club for the illiterate writings of fool's!

Fools??? :lol::lol::lol:

oh you do crack me up :lol::lol::lol:

some people have just a short temper and bite too easy!

You really need to have a good look round and find out the facts before you come in slagging off the tier systems,and the meets,as if you had looked through the forums you would have found the threads reguarding meets in the northern area with one this weekend, one in a fortnight and anoother in sept!

Fools??? :lol::lol::lol:

oh you do crack me up :lol::lol::lol:

some people have just a short temper and bite too easy!

You really need to have a good look round and find out the facts before you come in slagging off the tier systems,and the meets,as if you had looked through the forums you would have found the threads reguarding meets in the northern area with one this weekend, one in a fortnight and anoother in sept!

This weekend.? ive just looked at it, on the web calender, it says this "Ten of the best 3

( Calendar: Toyota Owners Club ) - Time: 09:00 am - 5:30 pm " so!!! no more info.? or is it just me being thick.? (answers on a postcard only) Ive already had abuse for posting questions :ffs:

If you LOOOOK about 5 or 6 posts down you will get all the info you need.

Now go into the Meets section and you'll see a corresponding thread .. the pinned one .. called "Ten Of The Best 3" .. with 4 pages of sign-ups and info ..

In fact .. click HERE

Got it, thank you for the link, i may pop up to York, if only for the breakfeast :drool:

Right.... BB....What I seem to be seeing here is a lack of disrespect for the way things are run around here...

While I can understand that the last sentence of sorted avensis' first post might have struck a nerve... the rest was merely informative, and for you to go and start 'slagging off' the way the club is run:

and this twaddle about segregating members by silver gold etc. is total codswallop, clubs are there to enhance the fun of driving what ever you drive, not for making profit or keeping out those who cannot afford.

Is a little childish... you obviously dont know how the club is run.

The club is open to all, and we freely offer advice/opinions to any who wish them, hence we dont hold -anyone- back when it comes to their cars. To become a goldmember you pay a small affordable subscription fee, to do this is totally up to the user. The money paid helps keep the sites maintained so that everyone benefits, and gold/silver members get a little extra with extra space on forums and some discounts on items they wish to buy. This gold/silver 'service' is open to all and as I said before, definately doesnt 'break the bank' so everyone can afford it if they are that way inclined.

I am glad you got lots of enjoyment out of your time with the range rover club.... but not every club is run in a similar fashion, it is often a good idea to get a feel for things first. TOC (I have found) is an exceptionally friendly place to be so long as you dont go out of your way to make enemies, and its members are entirely satisfied with the way things are run.

Our members are extremely spread out, stretching beyond UK and Europe, while a swift pint down the local does indeed happen between many of the users here, it is something that is arranged between them. After all we cant put every single meet / mini meet on here, as things are often subject to change, and so the larger events are generally posted.

I recently went to my first 'meet' .... I met some of the TOCers at JAE... I found the information on the forums useful, and managed to find my way there ok.

Its a shame when people rush into what they dont understand and reject it because it is different... give it a chance... if it suits you then fine... if not... Im sure it wont be any loss to yourself if you dont come back...but until that decision... try not to make enemies?

JaydanWilde!! Thank you for taking the time to write your message, My intentions were never ever to make enemies, all I did was ask a simple question, then somehow got drawn into a debate on other areas of TOC, the one thing I have found though, any criticism does not go down well with it's members, even constructive criticism, OK if a member disagrees with an idea then say so, this is why we have rose above primates, but to simply say "shut up" as one member did, well you may agree or may not agree if someone said that face to face it may have got more than typed response, but all that put aside, ill keep my head down, not try to get up everyone nose, and see what TOC have to offer. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a plan.....a lot of people are protective when it comes to things they enjoy being a part of.... although it doesnt always condone actions... its what makes us human.

I hope this fresh start on all accounts will give you a chance to see we really are a nice lot here :)

hey BB

Welcome to TOC, you see, this place is so nice and friendly, and so much like one big happy family... we dont like it when we feel someone is raining on our parade...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links