Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake torques for 2017 hybrid mk3

MartinBarrett

Hi, about to replace discs and bought the haynes manual. 

The spec diagram is here.

I think 28mm is guide pins. 107nm is caliper mounting. And 17nm is bleed valve.

But what's the 30nm??

Edited by MartinBarrett
Text missing from first effort

30nm is the banjo bolt - Hose to caliper

I didn't know Haynes did a manual for the later mk3

Is that diagram for the NHP130 ? It looks like a US diagram

1956975782_xp130frontbraketorque.thumb.jpg.2b28737d2e97ea387b072976c8574d15.jpg

Yeh it's the Haynes manual for UK Yaris MK3.

But totally useless, and asked for refund 

No reference to parking brake or rear brakes. Which is what I wanted it for. 

Yes it's not for the uk/eu market the mk3 manual is for the Asia built cars what are based on the saloon

what info do you require ?

I am doing discs and pads, so just checking caliper bracket bolt and guide pin torques.

Thanks

Martin

the specs are the same front and rear (disc's all round) the rear calipers are the wind back type (do this with the handbrake released)

I have used the German system for determining tightening torques, over many years, to good effect.

1. Gniesentigt

2. Gutentigt

Never had a problem!

It depends on how often your elbow is calibrated, something's do need to be torqued to spec correctly tho

I didn’t know Haynes still did manuals. Not seen one for years. Mind you, I not looked for one for years. 

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

I didn’t know Haynes still did manuals. Not seen one for years. Mind you, I not looked for one for years. 

I noticed this a decade or two ago. The ones you could get were usually for older cars or foreign markets.

I put it down to not enough people in the UK still doing their own car maintenance and repair for it to be worth the cost of producing them, but that is based on no statistics at all.

8 minutes ago, MikeSh said:

I noticed this a decade or two ago. The ones you could get were usually for older cars or foreign markets.

I put it down to not enough people in the UK still doing their own car maintenance and repair for it to be worth the cost of producing them, but that is based on no statistics at all.

That’s a fair point Mike.

I thought maybe so many different models within a manufacturers range makes it not financially viable to print the books. Of course, now YouTube provides a lot of repair and maintenance tasks in detail.

3 hours ago, Catlover said:

Of course, now YouTube provides a lot of repair and maintenance tasks in detail.

And forums like this of course.

Like many, Haynes have had to adapt to a new environment.

It is a bit sad - I had many Haynes manuals over the decades, but these days I don't generally get dirtier than checking the air and liquids. My mountain bike is nearly as complex and maintenance heavy (and expensive) as my cars from the 20th century 🤑

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, flash22 said:

the specs are the same front and rear (disc's all round) the rear calipers are the wind back type (do this with the handbrake released)

Am I turning clockwise for both sides??

18 hours ago, flash22 said:

It depends on how often your elbow is calibrated, something's do need to be torqued to spec correctly tho

I know. I was just being a little flippant! I always, when possible, torque correctly.

Elbow calibrated each time I lift a pint glass.

On 9/1/2021 at 12:40 AM, MartinBarrett said:

Am I turning clockwise for both sides??

Yes.  Just turn it a quarter turn at a time.  You'll feel the pressure in the system balance as you wind the piston in.  The other thing to be aware of is the master cylinder usually wont like pressure the other way, so just take your time when winding back.  

• Thanks 1