Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hand Painted blue green marks on wheel nuts.

GR Weasel

Does anyone know what these blue and green marks mean that have been hand painted on my wheels ? And also on the tire pressure valve. 

Are they just to help and see if they are fully tight ?

IMG_20210829_164856.jpg

5 minutes ago, GR Weasel said:

Does anyone know what these blue and green marks mean that have been hand painted on my wheels ? And also on the tire pressure valve. 

IMG_20210829_164856.jpg

Sorry Tom, I have never seen that before on any new car I’ve bought. I can only assume that it’s part of the check list during the PDI, that’s guessing.

I would think so, if one of those lines was vertical and not horizontal it would mean the wheel nut had moved or come loose, similar idea on the wheel nuts on lorries and buses except they have little triangular shaped yellow markers fitted on each nut which all have to line up corner to corner, if they don't then one wheel nut is loose. oh good luck getting them all in line like that after a puncture, ha

it's just the torque marks to show it's been done, once in the factory and another during pdi after the brake covers are removed

Thanks I thought so, looks a bit tacky and weird to me but oh well I guess they will wash off over time.

It's Martians marking you up for the next...................................................................................................................

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GR Weasel said:

IMG_20210829_164856.jpg

Looking at your alloys you've chosen an alternative optional wheel, the marks are check marks from the installers at Burnaston when they installed your optional wheel.

• Like 2

If you look carefully all over the vehicle you will see check marks like that on various nuts / bolts.

It's exactly the same with new Toyota counter balance forklift trucks.

It would have been a paint marker pen used & easy enough to remove.

On all 4 wheels? Normally signifies a manual torque wrench used opposed to automatic multi-spindle in plant.

uk options are fitted at the port of entry, some cars get disk covers that are removed to the PDI

it could well be the wheel's fitment was QC'd so one mark by the worker and another by the supervisor/QC

36 minutes ago, flash22 said:

uk options are fitted at the port of entry, some cars get disk covers that are removed to the PDI

it could well be the wheel's fitment was QC'd so one mark by the worker and another by the supervisor/QC

Disk covers are only normally fitted to deep sea markets. As Yaris is built in France: we’re only a short hop over the channel, so can’t see why they’d fit them. Toyota could of course have made them standard due to being in holding stock due to Covid.

• Like 1