Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confused with the Vehicle Order Tracker

bewA

So my car is sitting at "processing order" however I've noticed today that the rest of the steps are filled in:

Screenshot_20210830-093856.thumb.png.0063f0b859575f8eac6e12a308cbecb3.png

So is the car actually at the dealership or still waiting to be processed and built?

When I last spoke to them it was still on target to be ready on the 22nd September.

I'm due to visit the dealership on Wednesday to collect my partner's new car, so I'll ask them then but it just appears to be contradictory information on the Toyota's VOT!

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

I would say from the screenshot that the vehicle is at the first stage. Is the screenshot the most up to date info??

I agree with you Joe. As things progress the small circles on the left will turn red.👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

I would say from the screenshot that the vehicle is at the first stage. Is the screenshot the most up to date info??

I took it this morning before posting.

I would agree I'm just not sure why the rest of the steps are pre-filled

They are not, only the first one is in action - red blob.

We get notification of deliveries from Hermes, took me a bit of time to sort out their reminology.

11 minutes ago, Catlover said:

They are not, only the first one is in action - red blob.

We get notification of deliveries from Hermes, took me a bit of time to sort out their reminology.

I know the difference between a red blob and a grey blob 😉

When I say pre-filled I mean the location information at each step. Up until today that location at each step wasn't there, expanding the downward pointing arrow just shows the description at each step.

It would have made more sense to not pre-fill it until it was red...

You passed the test - you are not colour blind.
So, why the red blob.

The whole indicates a plan, I presume the last one you blanked is your Toyota dealer.

Only one stage has been completed, the red blob.

• Haha 1

It's awaiting a production slot...you'll get an email when they start building. On the app, drag down to refresh so it shows there too. Day or so later it will be in transit.

• Thanks 1

To add, the location info changed on mine a week or so before it started building. It was either an update to the app/website or means its close to being allocated a slot.

• Thanks 1

Yea it was processing order at the beginning of the month not long after I ordered. Then I had an email last week saying it was processing order which I thought was weird because I already knew that and it wasn't until i checked this morning I noticed the location stuff had been added.

So perhaps that makes sense that theres now a production slot allocated.

Mine has been the same since the dealer informed me of the estimated delivery date (16th September). It just went to, 'in progress,' today.

First post, BTW - hi everyone! :biggrin:

IMG_1685.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Stuart, welcome to TOC,

Bet you can't wait! 🚗

Thanks for that post Stuart, confirms what I said earlier…. The red blobs mean a lot.

and welcome to Toyota Owners Club 🙂.

Should update to being delivered by the end of the week, probably sooner. Be sure to drag down on the app to refresh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

Should update to being delivered by the end of the week, probably sooner. Be sure to drag down on the app to refresh.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on the emails.

It would be a couple of weeks early, but I've had the same before with my previous buying experiences (from other manufacturers). My guess is that new car buyers in general are not renowned for their patience and understanding with respect to unforseen delays, therefore it pays manufacturers to make conservative estimates.

Yes, you were right, Ian. Status changed to 'in transit' today (2 days after the build started).

Didn't get an email this time, I only discovered the change by refreshing the app.

5 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

Yes, you were right, Ian. Status changed to 'in transit' today (2 days after the build started).

Didn't get an email this time, I only discovered the change by refreshing the app.

Now you've got to wait for PDI and an actual collection date...that's where I am right now, hoping for next week!

• Like 1

so perhaps as a guesstimate...

potentially a week from the processing order email (with locations filled in on the VOT).

2 days from build commencing to in transit

transit time variable depending on location.

Went to the dealership yesterday and my projected date has changed from the 22nd to the 24th, which is nearly 3 weeks from now.

I talked to my dealer this morning and they are saying the delivery date hasn't changed from their perspective. The only difference they see is that the VIN number now exists. So I'm going to remain optimistic whilst observing the old adage involving chickens.

• Haha 1

Bewa...there's no definitive time between order and delivery/ when the app shows in transit. Dealer should be able to give a ballpark date but that can change. You can also get a rough idea from toyota website if you do a config/build on line.

Last message I had from dealer was a good few weeks back(before build even started) and they were saying mid September...been "in transit" now for a week. My guess its in the dealer compound awaiting PDI and likely will still be mid Sept. Bank Holiday right before 1st Sept would also not help. New reg is a bonus for me, it was originally going to be August.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

Bewa...there's no definitive time between order and delivery/ when the app shows in transit. Dealer should be able to give a ballpark date but that can change.

I know and I they have told me the ballpark date but at the same time it's nice to try and work out how these things line up 🙂 
I may have a little OCD 😄 

• Like 1

Yes, it's becoming clear that the, 'in transit,' status should be taken with a pinch of salt......unless they're pushing it all the way to the dealership! 😂

• Haha 1

LOL to both - yup fair to say I am sat here eagerly awaiting news like a kid waiting for Xmas 😄

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2021 at 9:46 AM, bewA said:

So my car is sitting at "processing order" however I've noticed today that the rest of the steps are filled in:

Screenshot_20210830-093856.thumb.png.0063f0b859575f8eac6e12a308cbecb3.png

So is the car actually at the dealership or still waiting to be processed and built?

When I last spoke to them it was still on target to be ready on the 22nd September.

I'm due to visit the dealership on Wednesday to collect my partner's new car, so I'll ask them then but it just appears to be contradictory information on the Toyota's VOT!

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Hello BewA

When did you order your car?

50 minutes ago, Bozz said:

Hello BewA

When did you order your car?

1st August!