Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confused with the Vehicle Order Tracker

bewA

1 hour ago, bewA said:

Progress!!

Build started today at 3 PM 😎

Based on the news I received this morning, I would advise all of you not to get too carried away.

The dealer called me this morning and told me my car delivery has been put back until mid October, which is a month later than my original estimate of 16th September. Apparently, part supply shortages are being blamed. She was very apologetic and mentioned they had raised some sort of dispute with Toyota, for what good that will do.

Toyota tracker still shows the car as built and in transit, same as it has since last Wednesday.

Weird how it's been pushed back despite it being built.

Did they elaborate on why that's the case?

Either way I'm going by the 24th September but like yours could be pushed back...

I know Toyota are due to scale back production soon

25 minutes ago, bewA said:

Weird how it's been pushed back despite it being built.

Did they elaborate on why that's the case?

Either way I'm going by the 24th September but like yours could be pushed back...

I know Toyota are due to scale back production soon

Part supplies was the excuse mentioned to me.
Just wanted to warn everyone that when the MyT app says that your car has been built, that information could be based on a timetable rather than actual facts. It certainly seems to be the case with my order.
I'm quite relaxed about it. The p/x price for my old car was fixed when I placed the order, so it doesn't cost me to wait, and I can now enjoy my hols the next fortnight without having to think about organising anything related to the car change.

Well that's a bummer...I don't mind waiting if I have to, just really wanted to catch half decent weather to get it waxed up. Guess I'll know soon enough but I was around same time and car been in transit since 25th

13 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

Well that's a bummer...I don't mind waiting if I have to, just really wanted to catch half decent weather to get it waxed up. Guess I'll know soon enough but I was around same time and car been in transit since 25th

So sometime this morning, I noticed the website for My Toyota and the App updated to "Arrived At Retailer" - car now shows with a VIN under "owned" on My Toyota website, no Reg number yet and no service history. Guessing service history might update tonight if it really has been PDI'd to show that and likely number plate too....no message yet from dealer, I will likely wait  a day or two - hoping I can arrange next week as Mon/Tues works for me any week. Curretn car is waxed and cleaned up nicely inside, so trying to keep it clean for handover!

• Like 3

Congratulations, Ian.

In my case, I think 'in transit' means they're waiting for a Ford van to deliver the parts required for assembly!

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2021 at 7:32 PM, Red_Corolla said:

Based on the news I received this morning, I would advise all of you not to get too carried away.

The dealer called me this morning and told me my car delivery has been put back until mid October, which is a month later than my original estimate of 16th September. Apparently, part supply shortages are being blamed. She was very apologetic and mentioned they had raised some sort of dispute with Toyota, for what good that will do.

Toyota tracker still shows the car as built and in transit, same as it has since last Wednesday.

Sorry to hear this. What estimated delivery date was shown on your order paperwork?

Bozz

On 9/7/2021 at 12:30 PM, trashman1965 said:

So sometime this morning, I noticed the website for My Toyota and the App updated to "Arrived At Retailer" - car now shows with a VIN under "owned" on My Toyota website, no Reg number yet and no service history. Guessing service history might update tonight if it really has been PDI'd to show that and likely number plate too....no message yet from dealer, I will likely wait  a day or two - hoping I can arrange next week as Mon/Tues works for me any week. Curretn car is waxed and cleaned up nicely inside, so trying to keep it clean for handover!

So got a message from the dealer an hour ago - they confirmed its arrived and have done the paperwork for it to go through the workshop. They're talking next week, so if they can get the PDI done in time for Monday or Tuesday that is great if not I have to wait another week (due to work) ....arrrgggghhhhhh! Hopefully get the paperwork Friday so should know then. Just got to keep the Auris clean for a little longer!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bozz said:

Sorry to hear this. What estimated delivery date was shown on your order paperwork?

Bozz

16th September.

However, I got an email this morning to say it will be the 23rd of September now, so not nearly as overdue as they told me on Monday. Seems like they can't make their minds up at the moment - I'm just going to ignore all the speculation until the car materialises! :laugh:

Just logged in to the Toyota website for the 4th time today and it's now in transit! Will quiz the dealership tomorrow to see if the 24th is still the estimate...

14 hours ago, bewA said:

Just logged in to the Toyota website for the 4th time today and it's now in transit! Will quiz the dealership tomorrow to see if the 24th is still the estimate...

Based on my experience, that could be a possibility - it showed in transit for nearly 2 weeks after the build started and that was when Dealer contact me (thought it showed "Arrived" for a couple days prior). Fingers crossed you will be on the road in the new car soon!

• Like 1

Ordered today 2.0 Design Sportwagon with Pan roof and been given estimated delivery of early to mid January

13 minutes ago, Rouky said:

Ordered today 2.0 Design Sportwagon with Pan roof and been given estimated delivery of early to mid January

Nice, time will soon pass until its arrival, honest!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 50p said:

Nice, time will soon pass until its arrival, honest!

its going to be a long long wait, going to have to try and find a hobby in the meantime🤣

• Like 1

3 months is a fairly typical lead time for a new car order. 4 is a bit long, but not crazy. My boss likes Audis and he just bought his latest one from stock, because the lead time on factory orders is 9 months at the moment. He also wanted a panoramic roof, but he was told that they won't even take the order for those at the moment.

All comes to those who wait :cool:

• Like 1

The car has been delivered just waiting on the PDI to be scheduled in! 😎

4 hours ago, bewA said:

The car has been delivered just waiting on the PDI to be scheduled in! 😎

Nice! Mine is nearly ready...looking at pick up next Monday!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/30/2021 at 10:37 PM, Red_Corolla said:

Mine has been the same since the dealer informed me of the estimated delivery date (16th September). It just went to, 'in progress,' today.

First post, BTW - hi everyone! :biggrin:

IMG_1685.PNG

Hi,

how can we get these updates? I've ordered a Yaris Cross on June..

Btw did you get the car?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Perfecthome said:

Hi,

how can we get these updates? I've ordered a Yaris Cross on June..

Btw did you get the car?

Thanks!

I got mine at the end of September, thanks, and very nice it is, too!

Your dealer should have sent you an invitation to register for a Toyota account and added the new car that you ordered to your personal account so that you can track it.

Be warned that when the status shows 'in transit,' it doesn't mean that the car is actually on the transporter. It could be in the holding compound for weeks before they actually deliver it. Refer to your dealer for the most accurate estimate of when it's going to arrive.

It's a long time since June, I hope your car arrives soon and that you enjoy it. Good luck!

14 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

I got mine at the end of September, thanks, and very nice it is, too!

Your dealer should have sent you an invitation to register for a Toyota account and added the new car that you ordered to your personal account so that you can track it.

Be warned that when the status shows 'in transit,' it doesn't mean that the car is actually on the transporter. It could be in the holding compound for weeks before they actually deliver it. Refer to your dealer for the most accurate estimate of when it's going to arrive.

It's a long time since June, I hope your car arrives soon and that you enjoy it. Good luck!

Ohh yes it's so delayed.. hampered by the production problems that all manufacturers face.. 

Is what you described a universal tracking system of Toyota? I'm based in Greece my dealer didn't share anything with me apart from the pre-order contract. 

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Perfecthome said:

Is what you described a universal tracking system of Toyota? I'm based in Greece my dealer didn't share anything with me apart from the pre-order contract.

Your dealer should have taken you e-mail address, if you create a My Toyota account using the same e-mail address as you gave your dealer, you will have access to the tracker. You can also use My T with your e-mail address.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Perfecthome said:

Ohh yes it's so delayed.. hampered by the production problems that all manufacturers face.. 

Thanks!

Ah, sorry, your English is so good that I just assumed you were in the UK. I don't know if other countries have access to the same system of not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

Ah, sorry, your English is so good that I just assumed you were in the UK. I don't know if other countries have access to the same system of not.

It's the same, although it won't be called my Toyota, on the French Toyota website it's called "Ma Toyota". The status data supplied is in a standard format, but model specific data, and hence country specific is in the host country language (which means that Belgium, Switzerland and some others will be multi language).