Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry

Bozz

I noticed in early road tests that the keyless entry system was given a poor rating by Thatcham.

Does anyone know whether the system been updated to get around the problems identified in 2019?

Not sure about improvements, but you can normally switch it off, to use the key fob as a conventional one, push button to lock/unlock, hold it next to start button when starting engine.

If it's not covered in your paper manual, download the electronic one off the Toyota website as these are longer with more details, there'sa section on customisation options toward the back. Typically it's a setting in the car configuration settings in the media unit.

I like keyless entry and start since Prius gen3 back in 2012 I had for a first time and ever since I am still using it every day and it’s priceless, one of the most useful extras a car can have along with stop start button and few more small at first sight addition but very useful. Toyota trade mark imo. 👍

afaik Toyota changed the fobs to go to sleep automatically after a period of being static (i.e. left on a shelf).

You can also do that manually using a key press sequence or you can disable the function entirely in the car.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

afaik Toyota changed the fobs to go to sleep automatically after a period of being static (i.e. left on a shelf).

You can also do that manually using a key press sequence or you can disable the function entirely in the car.

Thanks - its that sleep function that I was looking for

9 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I like keyless entry and start since Prius gen3 back in 2012 I had for a first time and ever since I am still using it every day and it’s priceless, one of the most useful extras a car can have along with stop start button and few more small at first sight addition but very useful. Toyota trade mark imo. 👍

I've got keyless on my current Skoda and I'm confident I can happily live without it when I change into the Corolla next month. Same goes for the electric tailgate - not particularly impressed.

The thing I'm far more concerned about losing is actually my heated steering wheel. I've had this feature on my last two cars and they are an absolute godsend during the first 10 minutes of every winter journey. I prize this above many other modern convenience features and was disappointed to find it absent from the UK Corolla options list, because I would have gladly paid for one.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 8/30/2021 at 12:03 PM, Heidfirst said:

That had only been changed for 2022

8 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

That had only been changed for 2022

It's from late 20 as far as I'm aware, I have a 70 plate,and the fob appears to power down if left, pick it up and the light starts to flash.