Do Not Sell My Personal Information

X-Touch Software Update?

Ian J R

I just got a Toyota Aygo X w/ the radio that supports CarPlay. The radio keeps turning itself off when trying to connect to CarPlay. Are there any update files that I can be sent to update the system or at least someone let me know what the latest system is?

• Like 1

could someone PM me the link to the update please, on 705 621. many thanks

5 hours ago, GasPoweredCat said:

could someone PM me the link to the update please, on 705 621. many thanks

It's a 2 stage update for anything below 0810

will pm you shortly

Hey Flash22,

I also have an Aygo from 2019 with bluetooth / Android Auto problems. When there is an incoming phone call to the Aygo when Android Auto is active, there is no audio from the incoming phone in the Aygo. However, the calling person can hear everything just perfectly. The only solution I've found thus far is to just not connect a phone to Android Auto; but that's insane. It's driving my wife insane to be honest.

I'd really like to try if a software update will fix this problem before going to the Toyota dealer and trying to get them to do it (which would be costly). I've attached a screenshot of the current software versions (Dutch language):

image.thumb.jpeg.dfabf2521c7649bd4323ff4438c65a73.jpeg

Kind regards,

Marcel

The Netherlands

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MarcelB said:

Hey Flash22,

I also have an Aygo from 2019 with bluetooth / Android Auto problems. When there is an incoming phone call to the Aygo when Android Auto is active, there is no audio from the incoming phone in the Aygo. However, the calling person can hear everything just perfectly. The only solution I've found thus far is to just not connect a phone to Android Auto; but that's insane. It's driving my wife insane to be honest.

I'd really like to try if a software update will fix this problem before going to the Toyota dealer and trying to get them to do it (which would be costly). I've attached a screenshot of the current software versions (Dutch language):

Kind regards,

Marcel

The Netherlands

Hi Marcel,

I had exactly the same problem! The update that Flash sent to me fixed it 100% while Toyota assistance asked to replace the whole infotainment unit....

Just wait for Flash to PM you

• Like 1

Hi guys, long time!

I have a 'new' Toyota aygo 2017 and also a two button XNAV touchscreen radio. I would like to update this to the latest version and if possible also install navigation on it.

My current version is the 0840.

Now also what I have noticed is that if you have navigation in your car, you will have GPS and a extra connection unit that stores a SD card (that has the Maps and navigation software). I'm not sure if it has a seperate software that connecteds with the main unit or just connecteds to the main unit but is it not possible to just connect a GPS dongle to the usb hub and another usb with the nav software and make it work? (i did buy the sd-card with the software and maps).

Just thinking out loud. Let me know what you guys think.

Do you have the xTouch or xNav ? (xNav is a xTouch with the sat nav module)

updates do not add any functions

Sat nav is an addon module with maps on a sd card

• Thanks 1

I have the XTouch, and adding a connection for the sat nav module is also easily done, but the question is more the software side.

8 hours ago, MarcelB said:

Hey Flash22,

Kind regards,

Marcel

The Netherlands

Just to let others know; if you have the above problem, the software update fixes it indeed!

Thanks a million, flash22!

23 hours ago, flash22 said:

I found these files as well, thanks just need to find a salvage car that has the system. buying it from the dealer is to expensive I can rather sell my current one and buy one with the CarPlay. 

or does anyone have the software to install Carplay? Also found the price at a dealer it's about €800 to install it with Carplay 😪.

the tripleplay unit (3 button) is completely different to the xTouch

the nav upgrade isn't worth the money, it's getting on a bit now and maps are expensive

the tripleplay is plug and play in the Aygo

Without DAB 86140-YV010

With DAB - 86140-YV020

• Like 1

is there a new update after this one  18PPDAEU-EA00 0819D if there is plz pm me cos i have troubles with the radio turning off some times

• Like 1

12 hours ago, locutuss said:

is there a new update after this one  18PPDAEU-EA00 0819D if there is plz pm me cos i have troubles with the radio turning off some times

That is 8.12/8.15/8.17 what is the current available version, Radio turning off, delete and re-pair the bluetooth also make sure the USB is disconnected a bad USB lead could cause it

if the radio is just dropping out and coming back especially on DAB could be localized interference - do you have a dash cam fitted ??

Could I also have the updated firmware for my Toyota Aygo? Thank you.

65A07AC7-D0BA-4A7A-8E90-9338918B7FF9.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 8:54 AM, MarcelB said:

Hey Flash22,

Kind regards,

Marcel

The Netherlands

I have the same problem 😞 It's driving me nuts! 

I would appreciate receiving the update file too

• Like 1

19 hours ago, flash22 said:

What is your model and current versions

2019 Toyota Aygo. Thanks!

20230315_173608.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 1:46 PM, flash22 said:

What is your model and current versions

Hi, 

I've updated the system (8.12/8.15/8.17 after the update). I didn't have a lot of time to test it yet but it seems to fix the audio problem 🙂

Thanks a lot flash22!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi can anyone help. Just installed the 86140-YV020 upgrading from the 2 button version. All works apart from the usb connection So no Apple CarPlay and i cant charge my phone. I reconnected the old radio and usb works fine.  Tried an Apple cable and a couple of others with no joy. Any ideas? Many thanks. 

• Like 1

Here is the current software version. The unit came out of a Citroen C1. You can see the usb option is greyed out. The iPhone is connected to the usb socket at the time. As i already said, everything else works fine apart from the main reason for me upgrading the unit, Apple CarPlay. 

4B9DEF55-7485-400F-88E9-C5D0DD4C9455.jpeg

6B69AE1C-A5DB-4AC6-8319-81EA9C42A42D.jpeg

• Like 1

Did you have sat nav, if so you need to unplug it as it's not compatible, unplug the USB from the splitter and plug it into the Tripleplay

1403727812_x-navusb.thumb.jpg.ccd3975e9e08d07ab0364de24bd4d51d.jpg

Thanks for the reply. No, there is no sat nav in the previous version as far as i can tell. Only bought the car a week ago from a Toyota dealership. I can’t see that box behind the radio unit or any SD card slot in the glove box. There was only one usb cable i could see.