Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 2010 2.2diesel towing horse box?

Liz Bartley

Does anyone use their rav for towing a horse box? I know my car can tow 2 tonne so I'm in the weight settings, but I'm worried as I have been told that the engine will start to use oil as it's not designed for towing??? 

Any advice appreciated. 

Liz, I don't tow anything ... but, your car has been designed to tow up to 2,000 kg aka 2 tonnes (as you already know). Anyone telling you otherwise really doesn't know what they are talking about. 😉

The 2AD diesel has had it's issues, so the engine could have problems whether you tow or not, but these were (largely) resolved by 2010 and the 150 bhp engine should be reliable ...

• Like 1

Yeah, diesel engines are literally the best engines for towing something so I should think it'd be fine!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just wondering if you towed the horse with your Rav? I'm looking to change my car and be able to tow a 16.2 with a single horse trailer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links