Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get my new Rav4 13th September!

PAISLEY1903

My car arrives 13th September. Cant wait!

I have read about turning off lane departure - is that the steering part only people turn off to avoid it pulling to left ( I have a LOT of roadworks going on near me lasting to Oct 22!) or do you just leave it as it comes!

Maps update - would you bother if will use android auto?  Part of me just wants it all up to date!  do you leave that for a dealer to do or do it yourself..

Any tips would be welcome.  

I dont think I would have got to this stage without everyones posts, comments etc so a big thank you!  It guided me into my first Toyota 🙂

• Like 1

The 2021 version of the inbuilt nav isn't too bad I think.  I updated the map on the drive in about 45 mins once I'd connected the car to our wireless.  Just left it in Ready and checked on it now and then.  It's good enough for me personally not to bother with Android auto.

LTA for me is turned off and doesn't come back on automatically.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, PAISLEY1903 said:

Maps update - would you bother if will use android auto?  Part of me just wants it all up to date!  do you leave that for a dealer to do or do it yourself..

your supplying dealer really should do this as part of the PDI (but maybe give them a nudge beforehand). You have 3 years of "free" updates so it costs nothing to keep to the latest.

• Thanks 2

I have lane tracking turned off but lane guidance turned on the later works fine for me whereas tracking was a nightmare. I will try it again at some time just to see how I feel about it now I’m more used to driving the car.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I have lane tracking turned off but lane guidance turned on the later works fine for me whereas tracking was a nightmare. I will try it again at some time just to see how I feel about it now I’m more used to driving the car.

Thank you, is it easy enough in settings to do that !  I will do exactly the set up you have done Ernie thank you

So what have you ordered?  There's a good range of RAVs on here 

8 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

So what have you ordered?  There's a good range of RAVs on here 

Rav 4 Excel in Decuma Grey @Yugguy1970 my first venture into Toyota!

• Like 1

In the PHEV downloaded manual it’s page 578 Lane Tracing Assist, 9.2 Customisation.  I’m sure it will be similar on the HEV model. It’s turning off lane centring. 

5AA9566B-6EDD-4032-86C7-F8568F69B7C9.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PAISLEY1903 said:

Rav 4 Excel in Decuma Grey @Yugguy1970 my first venture into Toyota!

Nice choice exact same as me including first Toyota, not sure when I’m getting it though left the factory about 4 weeks ago.

@TeefinI can see us pinging messages back and forth soon hahaha!  

Yeah it will shortly arrive in UK in 2 weeks MAX then go to the Toyota factory here then release to dealer.  Mine is actually at the dealer right now but I wanted the Toyota ProTect applied, mud flaps and the inbuilt satnav.   

From there mine is coming up from Grimsby and my old Kuga being taken away!   (Car wow was my friend v my local dealer!)

10 minutes ago, PAISLEY1903 said:

@TeefinI can see us pinging messages back and forth soon hahaha!  

Yeah it will shortly arrive in UK in 2 weeks MAX then go to the Toyota factory here then release to dealer.  Mine is actually at the dealer right now but I wanted the Toyota ProTect applied, mud flaps and the inbuilt satnav.   

From there mine is coming up from Grimsby and my old Kuga being taken away!   (Car wow was my friend v my local dealer!)

I have no idea where mine is lol as long as no one else crashes in Suez I expect it middle/ end of next month.

• Haha 2