Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connected car in Europe

RFV

Hi all. In EU, the new Corolla's do not have a connection to the internet because they are not allowed to put on AC remotely, due to the fact that regulations don't allow engines to be on without someone in the car, and the Hybrids might start the engine if the AC is switched on. Now I was wondering if I am able to manually install internet myself into my new Corolla Touring Sport Hybrid. I am sure that when these cars come from UK into EU, their remote features still work, so how can I then get remote AC? This is at least the explanation that Toyota gave me.

In the UK it is illegal to leave a car unattended and running whilst on the public road, although it is permissable if the car is on private land.

• Thanks 1

I see, but still in the UK Toyota Corolla has a connection to the internet which makes it possible to remotely control the car's AC, but in Spain they tell me it is not allowed. Kinda baffled.

hello, I updated myapp yesterday and so when I press the little lock I get the following "my car in on order", what that means?

what can I do with that??

Inked2_LI.jpg

1.jpg

It means you have locked it.  There's several threads on here about it with more info.  It's likely the first step to giving us remote lock/unlock.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

It means you have locked it.  There's several threads on here about it with more info.  It's likely the first step to giving us remote lock/unlock.

"is locked" would have been better I think😂,

thanks!!

• Like 1

I don't have the padlock on mine, goes from fuel / mileage to where to ..

So does anyone know how to add internet to a Toyota that is not yet connected?

I was able to connect my RAV to my home wireless before I had setup connected services on the phone.  You need to enter your MyT login in the Toyota Online section on the Multimedia display

On 8/31/2021 at 8:48 AM, RFV said:

I see, but still in the UK Toyota Corolla has a connection to the internet which makes it possible to remotely control the car's AC, but in Spain they tell me it is not allowed. Kinda baffled.

This is not allowed in the UK for the corolla, the service for this connection is not setup and won't work. Toyota are the only ones that can enable this service

• Like 1