Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT app update

ernieb

I downloaded an update for the MyT app for my iPad today.  One of the new features on selected cars is remote unlocking and the ability to turn on the indicator lights to find the car in a car park. The RAV4 range is listed but only 2019 and 2020 models?

This is what the new app hime page is supposed to look like. Has anyone down loaded the update and and got it to work, my car is a 2021 and does not have the new features?

EB0CEE8B-FEFA-49A5-84EE-CB459BF4D85D.jpeg

I’ve just downloaded and applied the update and I can’t see any immediate difference, I have. 2021 Dynamic Self Charging Hybrid.

The screenshot posted shows a “Plug-in” is the update just for the PHEV’ Ernie ?

Same here, no padlock icon after the update, can't obviously see any new useful functionality.

I have the 'latest' version on 'droid - 4.4.0, 30 Jul 2021. It talks about "connected services" that I don't have, since I'm missing the 'P' ... 😉

On the update it says - for selected models.

I suppose it depends on the model but the update does not identify which models!

Having come from a Jaguar XE R-Sport, the MyT app is somewhat disappointing and very limited.

The Jaguar app allows you to do so much more, from remote starting and setting the climate control to whatever temperature you want (very handy on cold or hot days), remote locking / unlocking, including closing windows / sunroof.

Flash and Beep for locating parked car, full vehicle health check, oil, coolant, brake fluid levels, brake pad levels, check that car is locked / unlocked also tells you if windows, sunroof, boot, bonnet or doors are open.

Every journey logged with overlays on maps including distance travelled, Ave speed, mpg all of which you can export to Excel spreadsheets, really useful for keeping track of business / private mileage.

SOS assistance, Jaguar assistance and much, much more. It’s free for the first 3 years and then about £30 a year.

Just updated mine, no change that I can see, although maybe we need a vehicle power cycle or something?

The MyT app does log and show all journeys mapped, with info, not sure if you can export it.

Same on the iOS platform, new update but I can't see any 'visible' changes at all.

This is the description of the cars that are covered by the update. I have to say I’m somewhat disappointed that it covers 2019 and 2020 cars but not 2021, where’s the logic in that?

0D86F87F-AE61-4FE1-92D5-89F5845DC6EA.jpeg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ernieb said:

This is the description of the cars that are covered by the update. I have to say I’m somewhat disappointed that it covers 2019 and 2020 cars but not 2021, where’s the logic in that?

Seems very strange that the latest models are not included, unless the communication software is slightly different and there will be another update soon 🤞

@Rigsby, like you I think it will get updated, at least I hope it will, some time in the very near future. There does seem so much more that could be extracted from the abundance of data that the car produces and must be accessible by Toyota. It would be interesting to see if people who’s cars are covered by this release of the app can tart some of the new functionality?

I installed the update this morning and have just done a 20 mile trip.

My car is showing in the correct location on the app, but my last trip hasn’t been updated and is showing as the last trip I did before I updated.

Anyone else who’s updated, is your last trip showing correct ?

59 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I suspect that you are misinterpreting the message Ernie. It specifies four models released since 2019 - connected services are not available for models earlier than that. Nowhere does it say NOT available for 2021 models. More worryingly, Toyota seems to regard the RAV4 Plug-in as a different model to the RAV4 ... 😉

Toyota are just rather better at cars than they are at apps ...

Are there any MyT features that were there before and are now missing?

I note with amusement that my hybrid driver score as now given as "out of 100" (x/100) rather than as a percentage (%) - this is a vast improvement! 🙂 

@philip42h, I see what your saying so maybe I need to see if my car requires a a head unit update to enable the new features? I’ll try to see what’s needed to get functionality. So far no one has reported it working?

2 hours ago, Rigsby said:

I installed the update this morning and have just done a 20 mile trip.

My car is showing in the correct location on the app, but my last trip hasn’t been updated and is showing as the last trip I did before I updated.

Anyone else who’s updated, is your last trip showing correct ?

Just returned home (another 20 mile run) showing the correct vehicle location but my last trip hasn’t updated again.

Still showing as last trip before update.

I’ve had the occasional delay in update of the current trip due to server updates or being down. The issue I’ve also seen if the car is unable to access the Toyota network when the car stops it’s seems that it’s not able to recover. I’ve had that happen to me once but in the early days of ownership.

Just updated the app for myself corolla TS 2020 and don't see any of the new features i.e. remote unlock. 

Hs anyone contacted Toyota for which models are specifically covered? 

Just updated mine. No difference at all.

The 2021 Ravs we are driving are technically the 2019 model.  It all depends how you word it.

I'm sure functionality will come in time.

Previous update was 30 July and I noticed the MPG bar graphs for weekly and monthly journeys was missing though the average was correct.  I reported this and the omission has been repeated in the 27 Aug update.  I have reported it again.  Maybe the next update will be around 25th Sep.

The previous display of bar graphs seemed correct but the average line was wrong.  It took some time before they corrected that bug only to introduce another.

Anyone try long press on the app icon on your phone. Some weirdness here on the US forums. Basically some features not actually inside the app after opening but they are there as options from long press!

Long press just gives me the uninstall options like any other app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Long press just gives me the uninstall options like any other app.

Same here.

• Like 1

Got to have Android 9 or later for long press app options I think.

I just tried but I've no car yet so the app isn't set up. But on the US forums they get unlock functions not available inside the App. Originally the case for iOS but posters also saying same now for Android. Might be regional?