Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT app update

ernieb

Many of my other apps in Android have multiple options for long press. Like this...in the case of long pressing my Nest App... most other apps do this on Android 9 or later. MyT the same according to US users.

Screenshot_20210831-224050_One UI Home.jpg

Not convinced by this long press nonsense. I've got android version 10 and the only options on long press is ' uninstall', 'app info' and 'edit'. 

None of those options lead to any way of unlocking anything for the app 

11 minutes ago, Rolando1 said:

Not convinced by this long press nonsense. I've got android version 10 and the only options on long press is ' uninstall', 'app info' and 'edit'. 

Most of my apps have long press options beyond the usual uninstall etc. Happy to post more screen shots beyond the Nest example previously posted. Been a thing for ages.

Will find the US posts on the Toyota app topic.

20 minutes ago, Rolando1 said:

Here we go. 30 seconds on Google then find the posts...

Screenshot_20210831-235557.jpg

Screenshot_20210831-235533.jpg

Screenshot_20210831-235517.jpg

Rav4World forum. Long press on Apple and Android. People saying it provides options like lock or unlock that aren't available options inside the App itself. I've seen this in other Apps of mine. Not a new thing.

Most of my apps support it.

Not set MyT up yet so don't know for this as yet. Will know by weekend. Could be we have a different software version to North America so the long press options are disabled?

• Like 1

Yes, I have found some.  If I long press on my DuckDuck browser app I get shortcuts.

Same with Spotify Gmail eBay, but nothing on MyT yet.  Never knew they could do that.

It will be interesting if you put a brand new car in and get it, as the forum posts you show talk about removing and readding the car.

Screenshot_20210901-060150.thumb.jpg.b8d004da1899ee00f71ebde182bf3bbf.jpg

• Like 1

Plenty of Android apps have long press options, but none on my phone for the MyT app (Android 11). 

The lack of functionality on the app, for self-charge hybrid users, is extremely disappointing.

• Like 1

I'll give it a try this weekend but based on what people are saying it looks like we might have a different version of the App in the UK than North America. No long press options. 

• Like 1

Updated the app a few days ago and noticed no difference, today I have a padlock symbol, when pressed it’s telling me all doors and boot are unlocked, however all doors and boot are locked.

So it looks like something is happening 🤞

02D029E5-BE71-4A1F-AEA8-74734E38F94B.png

6D7F5178-97C9-44E8-948C-691537682FEC.png

• Like 1

Now showing as “your car is in order” 

08BCF361-AD8D-4C93-9D8C-839E9F9E9F52.png

• Like 2

Yes, a few of us have seen this, and it telling us our doors are not shut properly when what it really means is they are not locked.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2021 at 7:36 PM, Roy124 said:

Previous update was 30 July and I noticed the MPG bar graphs for weekly and monthly journeys was missing though the average was correct.  I reported this and the omission has been repeated in the 27 Aug update.  I have reported it again.  Maybe the next update will be around 25th Sep.

The previous display of bar graphs seemed correct but the average line was wrong.  It took some time before they corrected that bug only to introduce another.

Email from Toyota today asking for a screen shot of the missing bar graphs.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 8:53 AM, ernieb said:

I downloaded an update for the MyT app for my iPad today.  One of the new features on selected cars is remote unlocking and the ability to turn on the indicator lights to find the car in a car park. The RAV4 range is listed but only 2019 and 2020 models?

This is what the new app hime page is supposed to look like. Has anyone down loaded the update and and got it to work, my car is a 2021 and does not have the new features?

EB0CEE8B-FEFA-49A5-84EE-CB459BF4D85D.jpeg

So I've got the latest android MyT app but no padlock symbol on mine 😥

3 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

So I've got the latest android MyT app but no padlock symbol on mine 😥

Sorry Nick, I should have mentioned I’m on iOS 14.7.1

The padlock wasn’t there when I first updated the app but appeared this morning.

• Like 1

I’m also on IPad iOS 14.7.1 and I did a second app update in a couple of days to the MyT app, still no padlock.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rigsby said:

Sorry Nick, I should have mentioned I’m on iOS 14.7.1

The padlock wasn’t there when I first updated the app but appeared this morning.

Awesome thx buddy. 

4 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I’m also on IPad iOS 14.7.1 and I did a second app update in a couple of days to the MyT app, still no padlock.

Must be a staggered roll out.

Also you might be able to help but MyT app says I'm only 86pc complete. Dunno why. I filled in everything. 

Any ideas? Thx as ever.

SmartSelect_20210902-195645_MyT.jpg

After I updated I noticed that my last journeys hadn’t been recorded, so I deleted the app and reinstalled, logged in again and it cured the problem.

May be worth trying this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Must be a staggered roll out.

Also you might be able to help but MyT app says I'm only 86pc complete. Dunno why. I filled in everything. 

Any ideas? Thx as ever.

SmartSelect_20210902-195645_MyT.jpg

My app showed it was not complete until the multimedia was fully registered which took a day I think after I’d set it up.

• Like 2

Thanks @Rigsby @ernieb

I'll leave it until Monday to see if it is just some lag in the Toyota system. Else I'll reinstall the App.

What does registering the multimedia system actually mean? Must admit I was doing stuff thinking I'm not sure why I'm doing this.

No issues though. Unlike the equivalent of this with the Peugeot PHEV which took me 6 weeks in total and tens of man hours.

Nick, I guessed it was to do with starting the period of “free” update period and ensuring the downloads were for the registered car only?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ernieb said:

Nick, I guessed it was to do with starting the period of “free” update period and ensuring the downloads were for the registered car only?

Must be right Ernie thanks.

So twice today I have looked at my phone to see that I've received an alert from the MyT app telling me its detected my doors are open, (couldn't read all the message as it was on the lock screen and disappeared when I opened the app).

The doors were open for quite a while, as I was washing and drying the car. Not sure how long it took to alert me as my phone was in the house with the car key.

I tried to see if I could trigger an alert by leaving a door open for a few mins and taking the key out of range, but nothing happened.

However, the app now does send alerts, I'm just not sure of the criteria that triggers them.

• Like 1

The wretched MyT app is now mithering me because my windows are open.

I know.  I opened them. 😆

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links