Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT app update

ernieb

@Rigsby, thanks again, I get all of the trip data but not the coaching data, I’ve tried trips when I’ve used the ICE so in HEV mode. I don’t get the option to select any more data other than what’s currently presented by the app. I think the issue is that the app is being developed for the PHEV option from the HEV and at present some of the extra data fields are not present. It’s a little like the connected services which is available and active but as yet Toyota have not activated any for the PHEV other than the ones already baked into the apps home screens, charging, cabin conditioning, defrost screens. 
It’s obviously very much a work in progress and than’s indicated by the fact that I’ve updated the app a few times in almost as many days. Every time they want an update there is a convoluted process with Apple/Google to get it published. At these stages they can reject the app update as it does not comply with the company’s security/data protection policies. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of months?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ernieb said:

@Rigsby, thanks again, I get all of the trip data but not the coaching data, I’ve tried trips when I’ve used the ICE so in HEV mode. I don’t get the option to select any more data other than what’s currently presented by the app. I think the issue is that the app is being developed for the PHEV option from the HEV and at present some of the extra data fields are not present. It’s a little like the connected services which is available and active but as yet Toyota have not activated any for the PHEV other than the ones already baked into the apps home screens, charging, cabin conditioning, defrost screens. 
It’s obviously very much a work in progress and than’s indicated by the fact that I’ve updated the app a few times in almost as many days. Every time they want an update there is a convoluted process with Apple/Google to get it published. At these stages they can reject the app update as it does not comply with the company’s security/data protection policies. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of months?

I think the whole “Toyota Connected” thing is work in progress. In fact, as it is it’s pretty underwhelming.

The Jaguar “in control” app that I had with my XE was in a different class to the Toyota app, having said that it wasn’t perfect and there was an annual fee.

• Like 1

@Rigsby, now don’t go putting ideas of making us pay for the app, Toyota will think of that in their own time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nick72 said:

I think you can select the map provider somewhere. Worth changing the map to see what happens. Mine was set to Google.

Maps in My Toyota are provided by Mapbox - I don't see any option to change this?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ernieb said:

@philip42h, see attached.

A69DBBD8-62CA-4719-A95B-A2F20139E59A.png

That's on the MyT app on my smartphone and (a) it doesn't look quite like that on my phone (Android) and (b) all that does is allow me to invoke a specific mapping app to guide my steps back to my car. Useful, but not applicable to the oddity in question ...

• Like 1

@philip42h, agree the maps different, I was trying to show the only option I’ve found that gave a map change option, sorry I not make if clear. This is what my Samsung Android screen shows I guess similar to yours?

634AE68A-BFA4-4ECC-B71F-63D32DFA0FA4.jpeg

• Like 1

Ernie,

Yes, pretty much like that - though the Map options I am given don't make that much sense ... one of them is the local bus time table ...  :confused1:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

Maps in My Toyota are provided by Mapbox - I don't see any option to change this?

I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the complicated set up process I hot the option to select my own map provider so I chose the default of Google.

55 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Ernie,

Yes, pretty much like that - though the Map options I am given don't make that much sense ... one of them is the local bus time table ...  :confused1:

Yeh this is weird. It's either something to do with map provider (but that might be my red herring so apologies) or it's a software bug and someone isn't calculating lat and longs correctly in the software. I've seen this kind of stupid before in mapping and localisation software.  Toyota seem pretty responsive so might be worth flagging it? 

3 hours ago, Rigsby said:

I think the whole “Toyota Connected” thing is work in progress. In fact, as it is it’s pretty underwhelming.

The Jaguar “in control” app that I had with my XE was in a different class to the Toyota app, having said that it wasn’t perfect and there was an annual fee.

I've got the same situation as @erniebwith the App. Some things missing. I guess we wait until the next few updates. 

I'd be surprised if they don't ad more functionality to the app given their forthcoming BEVs where most people probably want cool features to go with it.

All in all it's just as well that we don't need the app to enjoy driving the car ... 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, philip42h said:

All in all it's just as well that we don't need the app to enjoy driving the car ... 🙂

True but I like to meddle lol!

Checking charge state, remaining range, switching on the aircon and or demisters etc is quite practical. 

I think the maps on the app are awful, I got mine booked in next week to get Android Auto installed so I can use Google Maps off my phone.

My wife is using the RAV today for a long trip to visit family. A quick look on the app and I see she is safely at the destination in good time for lunch at 11.40. 

Better still, I will be able to see when she is setting off home and her progress, so I know when to throw on the dirty clothes and look like I have been working on grouting the patio all day  instead of watching youtube. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Rav Rob, does it now show the location while the car is moving? 

My Garmin did but my Toyota doesn't 

40 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Rav Rob, does it now show the location while the car is moving? 

My Garmin did but my Toyota doesn't 

No, not really, but she will need a toilet stop at some point so it will update then 😉

It appears to upload the data when you switch off and if it can get a signal for the SIM to operate.

So it’s not just me that worries about my kids and missus! I use a combination of the Toyota app and Apple’s ‘Find my’. 
I feel sorry for my Mum back in 1981 when it took me about 10 days to make my first phone call to her from a call box in Germany when I was doing InterRail around Europe.  I’d love to be able to call her now…

I joined my last company in 1970 and to talk to someone in the USA, parent company, you’d have to book a call for a time slot that was allocated at the GPO’s convenience rather than yours. How things have changed, I now use a SIM to give me internet service at our family lodge in Derbyshire out of reach of BT lines.

• Like 1