Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT app update

ernieb

13 minutes ago, ernieb said:

We only manufactured the microwave head units, my company was based entirely on microwave products, from the early days of semiconductor two terminal devices, components, sub assemblies, low capacity telephony systems and video systems for the BBC outside broadcasts etc., all good fun and I spent > 30 years there, exciting times with massive leaps in technology. (Independent UK company but US owned)

I've read that Tesla are thinking of abandoning RADAR systems in favour of high resolution GPS?  They still use LIDAR etc., but I also think that there is a place for optical systems? Right now I would not want to put my trust into a fully automated car it seems problematic to gets the basics right a lot of the time.
Back on the OP, like getting the app to work across a range of the same range of cars manufactured in different years.

Thanks Ernie. I've no idea which part they reverse engineered. Antenna, receiver, DSP, back end processing etc. Too long ago. But some of the team were radar gurus.

The issue with autonomy is no one sensor can do it all. Road signs need to be seen, road markings need to be seen, etc. but solid objects need to be detected not interpreted from an image by a giant neural network (unless it is as capable as a human brain... and they're 20 to 30 years away from that). For solid object detection my money is on radar, LiDAR and ultrasonic. Probably all 3 to be absolutely sure.

Third party positioning systems like GNSS for self and static objects like roads, buildings etc. is risky on 2 fronts. Solid static stuff still changes as a result of road works, infrastructure projects, loads being spilled and any manner of reasons. So you are only as good as your map and some things change faster than the map updates I'm sure. Second is GNSS is not assured. Putting aside anti satellite warfare, space weather, and deliberate spoofing we still have issues with multi path in certain topologies (tall urban canyons, natural hills and valleys).

I'd go with all the sensors and fuse them but prioritise the high detection probability sensors of solid objects the most. Avoid the crash. Lanes and road signs ...we are stuck with EO cameras and artificial neural networks unless the infrastructure is upgraded and made safety critical. 

Opinion only of course.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ernieb said:

@Nick72, page 336 of the downloaded owners manual and the subsequent pages. It goes into why the system may not work as expected. Interesting but “a get out of goal free card” in some respects, a jaundiced view I guess.

Looking now thanks Ernie.

19 minutes ago, ernieb said:

@Nick72, page 336 of the downloaded owners manual and the subsequent pages. It goes into why the system may not work as expected. Interesting but “a get out of goal free card” in some respects, a jaundiced view I guess.

@ernieb think I have a different downloaded user manual. I've got the latest download from Toyota UK. All glorious 666 pages of it. If ever there were an omen! 😀

Just got stuff about lights on 336. Will hunt through now.

47 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I have this….

F9244AA6-A616-4CAE-923A-9D80CAD8380C.png

Starts on page 381 in mine. I think they've just added extra bumpf up front. 

@Nick72, where did you download your copy of the manual? I got mine by logging into my Toyota web account and then going from there.

• Like 1

@Nick72, just had a look again in on the My Toyota web site, logged in and the manual was the same edit date but when I downloaded it was 169Mb against my original of 35Mb. So now the page number you have is correct!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Slightly off topic, but otherwise "no comment":

image.thumb.png.d3a65f43d1f367cae3f368d3b46bf304.png

Wow, didn’t you do well, I hope you are isolating for a couple of weeks?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Cruise ship to Ghana? Nice place. Have a friend who goes back there regularly for family.

Or you found the amphibious mode in the settings menu. Basically you swipe right 7 times after turning off the multimedia display. This takes you into the hidden menu where amphibious mode can be selected. Honest.

• Like 2

either way, if you do find yourself in the Atlantic, off the coast of Africa, I do recommend a bit of Hard Acceleration! 😁

• Haha 2

I've been looking at the trip details on myt and it makes no sense.  Often the trips where it gives me the lowest scores are the ones where I have highest mpg.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

Just checking a journey I did from Whitley Bay to mid Northumberland on Friday, I also apparently had a hard brake in the same location; must have been a fair bit of traffic around the Gulf of Guinea! 😁

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Can someone who uses the MyT app and drives a HEV model let me know what you get for an EV score or Driving score (whatever it might be called)

On the PHEV these can be setup to be presented when the car is switched off or looked at during the drive but no data is retained or displayed in the MyT app.

The PHEV Driving Analysis can be viewed weekly, monthly or annually and you can see, distance driven, time driven, hard brakes, hard acceleration, mpg (if the ICE is used), average speed. I don’t really care about the brake and acceleration data as it can be very misleading. The app appears to be trying to walk a path between collating and reporting data for the HEV and PHEV and maybe not a good job at either. Data that is obviously available and might be useful does not get presented.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

For each trip I get a Hybrid Driver Score - I'm pretty sure that it's the same score I get when the car is switched off. It's a score out of 100.

And the for each trip it gives:

• EV Time %
  • EV Distance %
  • Consumption MPG
  • Duration Minutes
  • Mileage Miles
  • Average Speed

Is that what you wanted to know?

• Like 1

Sounds very similar between phev and hev.  Not sure how meaningful it all is, or even how accurate.  I've seen trip reports where I've been EV 90% of the time but only done 33mpg.

Maybe it's 33mpg for the 5% of the time the engine was on.

• Like 1

@philip42h, Thanks that's what i wanted to know. The PHEV is missing the Driving Score.  The score is available in the car and can be viewed at any time as well as being presented at the end of the trip if you've the car up to display that item.  It's just not available within the app which I do find very strange.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Sounds very similar between phev and hev.  Not sure how meaningful it all is, or even how accurate.  I've seen trip reports where I've been EV 90% of the time but only done 33mpg.

Maybe it's 33mpg for the 5% of the time the engine was on.

I'm pretty sure that the reported consumption per trip is the miles covered / measure fuel consumed. It's accurate but pretty meaningless for short trips; much more realistic for longer trips.

It's easy / common for me to get fuel consumption in the 30s for short trips; longer trips I'd expect high 40s / low 50s. The best I've seen for a reasonable length trip is 71.5 mpg, but these individual figures aren't particularly useful on their own.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Saxacat said:

Just checking a journey I did from Whitley Bay to mid Northumberland on Friday, I also apparently had a hard brake in the same location; must have been a fair bit of traffic around the Gulf of Guinea! 😁

It's worse than that - I've just noticed that all my recent trips go via pretty much the same point in the North Atlantic. I suspect that the web version of the Toyota system has a shiny new bug ... 😉 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ernieb said:

Can someone who uses the MyT app and drives a HEV model let me know what you get for an EV score or Driving score (whatever it might be called)

These are the screenshots are what you see if I scroll down on the Home Screen relating to your last journey.

3ECED12F-1F97-4AB7-9968-4E79738E3A1E.png

053671F3-0F62-4653-A0EB-F9BE37D25625.png

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, philip42h said:

It's worse than that - I've just noticed that all my recent trips go via pretty much the same point in the North Atlantic. I suspect that the web version of the Toyota system has a shiny new bug ... 😉 

I think you can select the map provider somewhere. Worth changing the map to see what happens. Mine was set to Google.

44 minutes ago, Rigsby said:

These are the screenshots are what you see if I scroll down on the Home Screen relating to your last journey.

3ECED12F-1F97-4AB7-9968-4E79738E3A1E.png

053671F3-0F62-4653-A0EB-F9BE37D25625.png

I dont get anything like this. 

4 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

I dont get anything like this. 

On my HEV

From the Home Screen i scroll down to the bottom of the first page and click on last trip and it gives the breakdown.

Or, click on Hybrid Coaching, select All Trips, then select a trip and it gives the breakdown.

Maybe different on the PHEV

B8BBEF4C-BA23-4F54-A0A0-E4301BD93F29.jpeg

• Thanks 1

@Rigsby, thanks, the PHEV just does not have the second screen to rate the driving score etc. As I’ve said it can be accessed in the car during a trip and immediately afterwards but then it’s gone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ernieb said:

@Rigsby, thanks, the PHEV just does not have the second screen to rate the driving score etc. As I’ve said it can be accessed in the car during a trip and immediately afterwards but then it’s gone.

On mine, if I press the 3 horizontal bars symbol at the bottom of the screen it takes me to the “Services” screen.

From there if I click on “Hybrid Coaching” there are 2 tabs at the top, “Overview” (where you can select, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly) and “All Trips” where you can select individual journeys and get the full breakdown.

FEDAE098-1DBE-44D1-B0CB-542906F12163.jpeg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links