Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla hybrid

Lok

I am also looking for the new corolla hybrid. Is it economy hiway consumption? With full tank how many km can cover?

Hi, 

the Corolla is based on the Prius you are after therefore there are very similar, however Prius has slightly more aerodynamic shape  and better efficiency. Corolla on the other hand offers a 2.0 hybrid versions that are more powerful and more enthusiastic to drive at the price of little bit higher fuel consumption. Corolla hatchback is smaller car than Prius and offer limited space on rear seats, if this is important for you better look for saloon version or estate. 👍

The 20L hybrid it's take more fuel tha. 1.8. I know it's more powerful

12 minutes ago, Lok said:

The 20L hybrid it's take more fuel tha. 1.8. I know it's more powerful

Yes it takes, about 1 litre more per 100km drive. 1.8 will be around 4.7-5l/100km where 2.0 will be around 5.7-6.2 l/100km 

There are many videos in YouTube. If you drive a lot mostly by yourself no other people or heavy items and no rush 1.8 is better. If you load the car often with more than 2 people or a lots of luggage 2.0 will suit you more , more power = easier to maintain speeds on motorways. 

Yes I went today at the showroom I saw it I like it 1.8 it's ok because I need as more economy I can. I saw the Prius also the new but the style different than the corolla hatchback. Corolla better style for young.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Lok said:

Yes I went today at the showroom I saw it I like it 1.8 it's ok because I need as more economy I can. I saw the Prius also the new but the style different than the corolla hatchback. Corolla better style for young.

Any Toyota hybrid model you like is better than any other make of hybrids and will last the longest and be most efficient and best to drive., also cheap to maintain and easy to do it even by yourself.  Toyota hybrids are actually best replacement for diesel cars , they have nothing to do with electric cars except they feel and drive the same way but only needs fill up with petrol. Very relaxed drive good for long journeys. I use Auris hybrid from 2010 and I drive around 300km every day, if I have to change the car will buy Corolla or Prius , no joke. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes I I agree with you I want to avoid buy again diesel car I spend a lot of money to repair the engine every time like injectors dpf bluetec.

• Like 1

Sounds like your coming from a diesel Mercedes?

• Haha 1

Yes my friend I had all the models eclass but 2021 I want to avoid to buy. A lot of money for service always

I would recommend the Corolla touring sport (estate version).

First time I've ever had a car with adaptive cruise control on a car and it's just great especially where there is road works and average speed cameras in place i.e 50 mph, just set it and sit back relax. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I saw the hatchback it's perfect the top version with full extra. I hope it's good choice economy fuel , service cheap and cover a lot km because every year around 50.000km

As others have mentioned space for rear passengers is tight in the hatchback version which is fine if your not planning to have rear passengers for long journeys

Yes it's ok no problem the back space. I am only worry if the engine 1.8hybrid can cover a lot km because I am not thinking to buy car every 3 years

5 hours ago, Lok said:

Yes it's ok no problem the back space. I am only worry if the engine 1.8hybrid can cover a lot km because I am not thinking to buy car every 3 years

It will last if you are careful driver and service on time. Top spec comes with 18” wheels if you have option to go for 17” or even 16” is better for comfort efficiency and lower prices for tyres replacement 

6 hours ago, Lok said:

The engine is basically the same as fitted to Prius/Auris hybrid cars for the last 12 years, and as stated previously some have done 200k-300k miles and still running very well. It’s no secret you need to do regular oil/filter changes.

• Like 1

Because one life I was driving only diesel cars that no problem if half million.

I cover 30.000miles per year means around 6 year 200.000miles

28 minutes ago, Lok said:

Because one life I was driving only diesel cars that no problem if half million.

I cover 30.000miles per year means around 6 year 200.000miles

More you drive - longer they lasts, you just need to be a sensible driver and not trashed them, regular services and relaxed drive pretty much all cars will go that far, some easier and cheaper than others., Toyota hybrids are good choice for that purpose and that’s why they are popular within taxi trade around the world. 🚗👍

• Thanks 1

Yes I agree many taxi drive that engine. Prius its little more economy that the. Ew corolla or around the same ?

The design of the Prius means it cuts through the air better then virtually all manufacturers cars. I am not referring to sports cars but what you would class as family saloons/hatchbacks. That’s what they designed it to do.          I would say Prius is 8-10mpg better then Corolla.

The Prius was a groundbreaking car but it suffers from still looking like one.  Same with early electric cars they tried to make them look special and different but what the majority of people really wanted was their normal hatch that just happened to be electric.

The Prius could have been slightly more widely acceptable designed perhaps the next generation 5 will be, but it is is what it is and all the design is functional. All lines, crevices and the overall shape has serve a purpose, to be more aerodynamic, that’s why is more efficient than Auris /Corolla., plus Prius has less unsprung weight on front axle and partly on rear one too., smaller brake discs, callipers and drive shafts and wheel bearings., every grams matters. Prius is also narrower than Auris / Corolla , this is of ultra importance about fuel economy, same as comparison between narrower and wider tyres 👍 I believe the difference between Prius and Corolla saloon will be the smallest one, if anyone is looking for the greatest efficiency but does not like the Prius shape. Hyundai ionic is very similar to Prius too, it’s even perhaps better both inside out but does not have this unique hybrid drive train that Toyota/Lexus has. 👌

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

More you drive - longer they lasts, you just need to be a sensible driver and not trashed them, regular services and relaxed drive pretty much all cars will go that far, some easier and cheaper than others., Toyota hybrids are good choice for that purpose and that’s why they are popular within taxi trade around the world. 🚗👍

I can't remember being in any Prius taxi that was driven carefully especially in the cities of N America but all seemed to have covered more than 100k miles.

Also I seem to remember reading that the 1.8 was more suitable in its design than the 2.0 for big mileages.

Bozz 

Re Prius looks.  At one time I hated it’s looks, particularly gen1 and2. Gen3 was a bit better in my eyes.  But they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I got to like the looks of the Gen3, so bought a second hand one, 9 years old, 105k miles, loved it and 6 months later bought the Gen4 when it was 20 months old. I love it’s looks, love everything about it really, every drive is just wonderful, and this is 3 years on now. 

• Like 2