Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Internal lights/get home safe headlights not working

Graeme Rawlings

HI all,

Any thoughts before I run this into the garage, I've got a 2019 69 Plate RAV4 Dynamic. The interior lights have stopped coming on when the car is unlocked, along with the get home safe headlights.

I think its following the service earlier this summer, but obviously I've just started noticing due to it getting darker. I've checked the switches internally and the lights function manually.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Graeme

Is this a late 4.4 or early 4.5?

On the 4.5 there is a customisation option to control whether the interior lights come on when the doors are unlocked - but it is dealer settable only ...

I wish I had the safe home headlight on my 2021 RAV.  I guess it's to aid in energy conservation but I'd like it.

As you said “stopped coming on” I assume that they have worked in the past? Is there not a switch in the front of the roof that can set these on, off or with the doors?

For the follow me home headlights, there's a little sequence of operating the stalk with the power off to activate or deactivate it, it's in the manual under the headlight section (or the full electronic PDF manual if not in the paper one) have you tried that to see if it will re-activate it?

• Like 1

Apparently there's an app called Carista or something which when combined with an OBD device allows you set all kinds of stuff that only the dealer can set. I think I'm going to invest in that.

2 minutes ago, AJones said:

For the follow me home headlights, there's a little sequence of operating the stalk with the power off to activate or deactivate it, it's in the manual under the headlight section (or the full electronic PDF manual if not in the paper one) have you tried that to see if it will re-activate it?

Wow! I learn loads each time I visit this forum. That's some back door thing to get your DVD player to play disks from any region ... takes me back to the Samsung 807? 😂

3 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Apparently there's an app called Carista or something which when combined with an OBD device allows you set all kinds of stuff that only the dealer can set. I think I'm going to invest in that.

I bought the Christa, was about £20, but as said there is a fee after a free trial. Can’t remember how long the trial, was either a week or a month. I adjusted a couple things under the free trail then left it after that.

• Like 1

According to the US forums more and more stuff is being added to Carista for the Prime (PHEV). But, as Catlover says, you probably only want to set a few things then there's no point paying any recurring fees.

I think it’s £50 per year. When I first looked it was not much more than simple alternatives, but the list of available options looks to be growing for the PHEV.

Can anyone buy Techstream?  

I'm on the lookout for a basic Toyota code reader.  I've got a selection of OBD cables gathered down the years.  I want something I can read codes from so I know if the dealer is having me on.

I even bought a MBII for my Merc, very useful.  Managed to sell it for half what I paid new after the car had gone.

yes, the version from Toyota is  licensable on an as you need it basis - 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year.

• Like 1