Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Hybrid MPG

Bernard Foy

Hi All,

Latest update on mpg for my Yaris. Miles travelled = 367.5 of those miles 240 were on hilly A roads and the remaining miles were pottering around the town. Everywhere I go around here is hilly including the town. Calculated from full tank to full tank it worked out at 73.89 miles per gallon. When considering the road conditions I’m very pleased with that. Other Yaris owners driving on flatter terrain may get better mpg.

• Like 3

Yes I was pleased with just one passenger on board. Next week I will be traveling with one passenger and light luggage and golf clubs and electric golf trolleys for two of us on similar type roads, it will be interesting to compare the loaded mpg ?.

• Like 1

its is good my wife has a new one, we took it to wales, did around 400 to the tank, average around 78mpg. I was very impressed, she is currently averaging around 70, don't think she even uses ev mod much at all either it is always full.

• Like 1

Yeah aside from the first two tanks mine has consistently been getting mid-70 to low 80's tank average, and considering the way I drive that's miraculous! :laugh:

The fact that you're getting that on hilly places just shows how much they've improved the hybrid system over the previous version - You had to really work at it to get anywhere near those sorts of figures on the Mk3.

I also like that the car has some poke when you want it! :naughty: :laugh: 

• Like 2

I did a 300 mile round trip this week, mostly motorways.

80 mpg on the way, and 74 mpg on the way back.

Really pleased with MK4 Yaris's fuel consumption.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dazayit said:

its is good my wife has a new one, we took it to wales, did around 400 to the tank, average around 78mpg. I was very impressed, she is currently averaging around 70, don't think she even uses ev mod much at all either it is always full.

I wasn’t trying to be economically driving, but I was driving normally according to the road and traffic conditions and tried though not always succeeding to keep inside the speed limits. I don’t rely on the car computer figures just full tank to full tank and use my hand held calculator. I just leave the car in eco mode all the time. Averaging 78 mpg is fantastic.

• Like 1

Toyota have sure done some good work to get those mpg figures Bernard. Compared to previous model it’s a revelation. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Toyota have sure done some good work to get those mpg figures Bernard. Compared to previous model it’s a revelation. 

It’s way way a totally different and better car in all respects Joe. Better to drive, much more comfortable, way better mpg. In other words “It’s a keeper”👍🚘.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

It’s way way a totally different and better car in all respects Joe. Better to drive, much more comfortable, way better mpg. In other words “It’s a keeper”👍🚘.

Agreed - other half got her MK4 in March and was very tempted to get one for me but eventually got a good deal on a new Corolla. But yes, much better MPG and annoyingly her driving shows better economy than me in the same car/situation and I've been hybrid twice as long!

It really is a nice car if you don't need lots of space. Its also OK to drive on faster roads too - MK3 was a bit hard work.

• Like 2

i did the exact same, mrs got hers through work and we were was just sitting in the dealer with a corolla gr next to me and couldn't stop looking at it, so ended up ordering one the day after. Averaging 50MPG in that also .