Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delivery, patience required

frazthewise

I have just ordered a Toyota Corolla 2.0L sports tourer Excel, full spec. Told delivery for December perhaps,? Really looking forward to my Xmas present!!

Asked Croydon to test drive a 2.0L and they just handed me keys for a 1.8L with no explanation, nearly did not buy it. I only do 3000 Miles a year, so can afford a little performance. Not pleased to hear about low profile tyres, hate them re. comfort.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, frazthewise said:

I have just ordered a Toyota Corolla 2.0L sports tourer Excel, full spec. Told delivery for December perhaps,? Really looking forward to my Xmas present!!

Asked Croydon to test drive a 2.0L and they just handed me keys for a 1.8L with no explanation, nearly did not buy it. I only do 3000 Miles a year, so can afford a little performance. Not pleased to hear about low profile tyres, hate them re. comfort.

So did you like the 1.8 how it drives ? The 2.0 will be just more responsive on motorway but in town they drives very similar people says

• Thanks 1

I currently have a 1.8, i have a 2.0 GR Sport HB on order (mid/late september for delivery).  The test drive was nice on the 2.0, i could feel the difference in terms of firmness due to the 17's on my 1.8 and the 18's on the one i test drive.  I have a 2019 HB Design, test drove a 1.8 GR Sport and a 2.0 Excel.

I was ok with the ride quality as a trade off for more power 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bewA said:

I currently have a 1.8, i have a 2.0 GR Sport HB on order (mid/late september for delivery).  The test drive was nice on the 2.0, i could feel the difference in terms of firmness due to the 17's on my 1.8 and the 18's on the one i test drive.  I have a 2019 HB Design, test drove a 1.8 GR Sport and a 2.0 Excel.

I was ok with the ride quality as a trade off for more power 🙂

Why not just order another Design but spec it with the 2.0 engine? That's what I did! 😁 GR sport trim has some nice features that you don't get with Design (like HUD) but there's no difference in power.

I also test drove the GR and I found the ride quality perfectly acceptable. But I didn't want 18s because I do lot of my mileage on the motorway where tyre noise is an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Red_Corolla said:

Why not just order another Design but spec it with the 2.0 engine? That's what I did! 😁 GR sport trim has some nice features that you don't get with Design (like HUD) but there's no difference in power.

I also test drove the GR and I found the ride quality perfectly acceptable. But I didn't want 18s because I do lot of my mileage on the motorway where tyre noise is an issue.

I did the same thing but for a slightly different reason. UK road conditions and 40 profile tyres (or lower) = trouble 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red_Corolla said:

Because i wanted the flashy looking wheels and the fancy HUD and the nice looking seats! 😄

I know i'm a shallow person 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bewA said:

Because i wanted the flashy looking wheels and the fancy HUD and the nice looking seats! 😄

I know i'm a shallow person 😄

Don't worry, you're not alone 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2