Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

C-HRs on the motorway

Trewithy

1 hour ago, Spo2 said:

I am under the impression that ECO mode is most fuel efficient!

Eco is the most fuel efficient - but so dull to drive.  Also forget Eco if you live in an area with any hills.  Normal mode is supposed to offer the best balance between economy and performance and is the mode I normally leave it in, under normal throttle openings the performance is adequate but underwhelming, put your foot down and it accelerates well, more than you might expect.  Sport mode offers good performance and is very quick from a standstill compared to Eco and Normal.  I wonder how much of a hit the MPG would take if my 1.8 Corolla was left in Sport mode all the time? Still better than a 2 litre in Normal I would guess.

• Like 1

I find the smoothness of the engine and transmission encourages a relaxed driving style and I find myself looking at the MyT app for my latest fuel consumption figures.

• Like 1

Just now, Trewithy said:

I find the smoothness of the engine and transmission encourages a relaxed driving style and I find myself looking at the MyT app for my latest fuel consumption figures.

I have barely done 400 miles, so will change to Normal mode! You can configure second drive info to show trips mpg and distance while driving  as well- the same info which shows up momentarily when you switch off the car.

• Like 1

Spo2, yes, in that it stiffens up the accelerator pedal thus dampening its sensitivity. I think there are other changes too. 

I have seen here that Normal is more relaxing as you need less pressure on the pedal. Of course ACC requires no foot operation but may have a similar response on acceleration. 

To my chagrin yesterday I got 56 mpg at 65 mph over 2.5 hours using ACC.  My wife on an A road then got 68 mpg at 39 mph.  She does not use CC. 

• Like 2

ECO mode is supposed to be the most fuel efficient. I've tried it and find I end up getting frustrated because the car seems so sluggish. Personally, I prefer Normal mode. Sports mode is great. It feels like the suspension, steering, and power is more responsive. Great for a but of fun. 

To get back on topic, I prefer to drive sensibly in Normal, rather that trying to push my foot through the floorboards trying to get going in ECO mode.

Personal preference I suppose

• Like 1

As far as I can tell the 3 modes just change the pedal response curve, nothing else; With CC doesn't seem to matter if it's in Eco or Pwr, it still accelerates very strongly.

You can still get good mpg in Pwr, you just need to have more finesse with your foot! I tend to use Eco as the greater pedal travel at the low end affords better low speed control, and if I want to go fast I just have to press a bit more and then I get all the beans! :laugh: 

• Like 2

I find eco very good, not sluggish. Accelerates well enough. Good mpg which is great with fuel prices being what they are at the moment.

• Like 1

These fuel prices are a joke. Our local garage wanted 1.839 per liter on Sunday. Two miles down the road it was 1.659 per litre. Both were Esso. How do they justify such a difference?

• Like 1

Fuel prices, car prices, all out of reality these days. When I have a day off I do not touch the car, only wash it 😄🚗🧽.
The eco mode on hybrids messes your hvac settings plus make the accelerator hard and car unresponsive, this can make your right feet tired when travelling on motorway therefore best to use Normal mode. Power mode is good but I try not to use it because can get used to it and then the normal will feel slow like eco plus when accelerator is too hard or too responsive kills the relaxed driving experience that usually hybrids promote. On motorways and A roads also Eco mode can kill the efficiency a bit because you naturally stay in eco zone ( car drives slow) or going pass efficiency zone straight into the power zone ( you pushed harder to gain speed and past the efficient range of acceleration), you can experiment yourself and most suitable mode for your needs. ✌️👍

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links