Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh this is great... MyT App has lost my car and now wants me to go through the entire process again

Nick72

Just tried to go through the entitlement process and no response. Wondering if the Toyota server is having problems. But confused why that would lose my car from the App and all my trip data?

It's not entirely unknown - two possibilities I can think of:

1. You've been a numpty and deleted it
  2. Someone at the dealership has been helpful and is setting it up for you - or something like that

My money would be on the second ... that's exactly what happened to me! It's been stable since I set it up a second time ...

I'd forget about it for today and try again tomorrow ... 😉

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, philip42h said:

It's not entirely unknown - two possibilities I can think of:

1. You've been a numpty and deleted it
  2. Someone at the dealership has been helpful and is setting it up for you - or something like that

My money would be on the second ... that's exactly what happened to me! It's been stable since I set it up a second time ...

I'd forget about it for today and try again tomorrow ... 😉

Cheers Philip.

Definitely not 1. 

I opened the app earlier to check the day's trips and gone. No car. 

They didn't set you up on another account or something silly?

Did you have go through the whole multimedia registration again and set up the toyota online thingy again I'm the multimedia system? I'm feeling a big sigh coming on. Took me 2 hours of faffing but it all worked so happy days and then... why oh why. Still, it took me 6 weeks and many tens of hours writing emails, phone calls, and all kinds of shenanigans with Peugeot. And then it never worked properly after all that. So Toyota has got a long way to go before it gets that bad 🙂

just frustrating when everything was working great.

I honestly don't remember all the details. I had it set up and then it was gone! Toys out of pram etc.. Calmed down and added it again - there really aren't that many steps to adding a car - and its been as good as gold since ...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, philip42h said:

I honestly don't remember all the details. I had it set up and then it was gone! Toys out of pram etc.. Calmed down and added it again - there really aren't that many steps to adding a car - and its been as good as gold since ...

Thanks. Ive been retrying all morning.  Even moved the car to a different location to see if that helped. 

I select to activate connected services and it then says switch on your car. I wait for 5 minutes looking at the red circle and nothing. Then it says you seem to be waiting for a long time do you wait to retry. I say yes. Red circle. Nothing.

Tried about 7 times. 

I am thinking that something has happened with my account similar to you. They've registered it on their system but I had already done that. Now I'm worried the car is assigned to a different account and that is why the entitlement process is failing?

Yes, that was the feeling I had ... and I don't now remember exactly how it got sorted.

Is your car connected to the internet via Wi-Fi while you attempt this reconnection? It may well need to be ...

• Like 1

All of this is so very flakey and I still get confused when I want to do certain things and the head unit tells me to disconnect my phones WiFi and reconnect the MyT connection. Still working through the permutations.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, philip42h said:

Yes, that was the feeling I had ... and I don't now remember exactly how it got sorted.

Is your car connected to the internet via Wi-Fi while you attempt this reconnection? It may well need to be ...

Thanks Philip. Yes, tried with and without internet connection. No avail. Tried a few more times earlier at the peak of cell mast reception. No avail. I'll try again early in the week just in case it takes time for whatever has happened at the Toyota end to stabilise. 

3 hours ago, ernieb said:

All of this is so very flakey and I still get confused when I want to do certain things and the head unit tells me to disconnect my phones WiFi and reconnect the MyT connection. Still working through the permutations.

Yes I bet. I need to see a diagram explaining what uses what and why.

Tried some more. No avail. Think I best leave it now till mid week when it might have magically sorted itself on Toyota's side. Soooooo frustrating. 

I had the same experience (car disappeared after a day). I just needed to re-add to the app, and re-confirm the mileage (that took a few attempts to get the car to sync itself, in the end I just left it on the drive and it seemed to do it itself), but I didn't need to go through all the head-unit stuff again - it seemed to remember this information somehow.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, spicyhotone said:

I had the same experience (car disappeared after a day). I just needed to re-add to the app, and re-confirm the mileage (that took a few attempts to get the car to sync itself, in the end I just left it on the drive and it seemed to do it itself), but I didn't need to go through all the head-unit stuff again - it seemed to remember this information somehow.

That makes sense and is consistent with my memory.

During the first attempt, we have stored our My Toyota account details and WiFi settings in the head-unit. There's no reason why those would have cleared, and no reason to set them up again.

Toyota still has a record of the car - they've just mucked it about - I suspect when changing its status from 'ordered' to 'delivered' but that's just a guess. So that all that victims of "virtual car theft" should have to do is re-add the car and confirm the mileage - to show that you actually have the car. I suspect that mileage won't be updated until the end of the next trip - this bit about taking the car for a short drive, but long and fast enough to create a trip record.

• Like 1

I think I lost one set of trip data when the cars status was moved from ordered to owned, not 100% sure but there was a glitch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, spicyhotone said:

Well that should be straightforward hopefully.  Messing about with the MM system was a right faff. I wished they just brought Tesla in to do the software.

I get a new message now when I select to connect the car in MyT app. Sayings it is being processed, wait 24hrs. So perhaps tomorrow it might all work?

• Like 1

Yay! All of a sudden it's working fine. Tried the app just before and everything is back. Didn't need to sit in the car and switch on.

They've clearly sorted something. Fast turn around.

Also just updated the App. All still working. Shane about the door lock unlock and window warnings being missing though. Especially as it shows them on the preview screenshots for the PHEV under the padlock icon. Perhaps next month!

• Like 1