Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo fitting kit for facelift t27

essldn

I have searched high and low but could not seem to find a double din facia kit for my '18 avensis. Has anyone fitted an aftermarket headunit in their t27 facelift and what did you use? Thanks 

23 hours ago, essldn said:

I have searched high and low but could not seem to find a double din facia kit for my '18 avensis. Has anyone fitted an aftermarket headunit in their t27 facelift and what did you use? Thanks 

do u  not like the stock headunit is it not good enough .i didnt mind my one ony thing i didnt like about mine was the stock Speakers and the power from it .i upgraded the Speakers and added a plug and play amp a pioneer one .great job now tbh playing threw my stock headunit . (link down a bit) i see people can put those new andriod headunits in but maybe alot of bother than be as nothing will be the same plus how fresh your car is might be hard to get the way this covid is i notice things are expensive that use to be not bad priced. 

https://www.fanaticaudio.com/posts/toyota-avensis-t27-kaiuttimien-vaihto/

9 hours ago, 2009joe said:

do u  not like the stock headunit is it not good enough .i didnt mind my one ony thing i didnt like about mine was the stock speakers and the power from it .i upgraded the speakers and added a plug and play amp a pioneer one .great job now tbh playing threw my stock headunit . (link down a bit) i see people can put those new andriod headunits in but maybe alot of bother than be as nothing will be the same plus how fresh your car is might be hard to get the way this covid is i notice things are expensive that use to be not bad priced. 

https://www.fanaticaudio.com/posts/toyota-avensis-t27-kaiuttimien-vaihto/

My issue is I really want android auto

I have not seen a fascia for the 15-18 Avensis, looks like a one piece that incorporates the HVAC controls

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

I have not seen a fascia for the 15-18 Avensis, looks like a one piece that incorporates the HVAC controls

Seems that's way. My other option will be to use a tablet and mount it near the air vents and use that for android options and connect to head unit via Bluetooth 

I just had a thought, use a surround from a lower spec model you will just need the side pieces ?

i will look up some numbers

Your current fascia

55405-05290

Lower spec fascia

55405-05280

Bog standard radio

86120-05240 or 86120-05200   not sure on the dimensions of these units but they look to be the standard Toyota size

• Like 1

flash22's is probably a better idea but in extremis it is not impossible that the 2 part fascias from the previous facelift (2012-2015) would fit.

8 hours ago, flash22 said:

I just had a thought, use a surround from a lower spec model you will just need the side pieces ?

i will look up some numbers

Your current fascia

55405-05290

Lower spec fascia

55405-05280

Bog standard radio

86120-05240 or 86120-05200   not sure on the dimensions of these units but they look to be the standard Toyota size

8 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

flash22's is probably a better idea but in extremis it is not impossible that the 2 part fascias from the previous facelift (2012-2015) would fit.

I hadn't though of this. Great idea! Many thanks. Hopefully the size of the headunit hole isn't too small for a double din!

I appreciate you taking the time to look this up. 

Connects2 do a lot of frames once you know the size of the opening you can find something to fit, its usually larger than double din 4mm top and bottom and 5-10mm on each side

i will have a look to see if i can find the dimensions

Edit. 86120-05240 is used in the 11-15 cars

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Connects2 do a lot of frames once you know the size of the opening you can find something to fit, its usually larger than double din 4mm top and bottom and 5-10mm on each side

i will have a look to see if i can find the dimensions

Edit. 86120-05240 is used in the 11-15 cars

Awesome, I'm basically looking for a headunit with android auto and mirroring and av/video out to connect headrest monitors. 

Let me know if double din head units fit in the opening, thanks 

It depends on what you want to spend avoid the cheap Chinese tat, stick with the name brands like alpine or pioneer

something like the pioneer SPH-DA250DAB will do the job with 2 av in and rear AV out, as well as preouts

26 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It depends on what you want to spend avoid the cheap Chinese tat, stick with the name brands like alpine or pioneer

something like the pioneer SPH-DA250DAB will do the job with 2 av in and rear AV out, as well as preouts

Thanks, that's the one I was looking for, just wondering if it will fit the lower spec frame and also I'm finding it hard to even find a lower spec fascia to buy!

15 hours ago, flash22 said:

I use the old  "car name" Breaking search on eBay (eg. Avensis 2018 breaking)

Ask the seller

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224493763319?hash=item3444defaf7:g:dfgAAOSw8HRgwzPt

Contacted him, bought the fascia. Now bought the pioneer head unit.

Last thing, what fitting kit would I need from connect 2? Thanks 

Use the factory mounts and work out what you need, You will need an audio controls adapter, aerial adapter and camera retention interface

Audio controls, aerial adapter and camera retention

CTSTY015.2

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

Use the factory mounts and work out what you need, You will need an audio controls adapter, aerial adapter and camera retention interface

Audio controls, aerial adapter and camera retention

CTSTY015.2

Awesome I seem to have everything I need thanks to you. 

Last thing, I can't see to find a tutorial on how to remove the current fascia 

Managed to get an aftermarket stereo fitted thanks to flash22 help. For anyone else looking to get it done. I had bought a lower spec facia from a breaker. The wiring harness flash22 was out of stock in most places so the shop I took it to used a rav4 one which has the code of CTSTY002.2 and an additional cable for the camera retention. Also needed plates on the side of the stereo. Image below 

https://ibb.co/Vv9yvFr

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

That looks amazing Essldn. Messaged you to find out the part numbers you used. Planning to do the same! 

On 9/11/2021 at 10:11 AM, essldn said:

Managed to get an aftermarket stereo fitted thanks to flash22 help. For anyone else looking to get it done. I had bought a lower spec facia from a breaker. The wiring harness flash22 was out of stock in most places so the shop I took it to used a rav4 one which has the code of CTSTY002.2 and an additional cable for the camera retention. Also needed plates on the side of the stereo. Image below 

https://ibb.co/Vv9yvFr

That looks practically factory. That's how aftermarket should look, plus cabling is plug and play.

On 9/5/2021 at 6:50 AM, essldn said:

My issue is I really want android auto

cant you connect your android phone threw bluetooth and connect your phone to your headunit and work it that way 

On 8/16/2023 at 1:30 PM, Konrad C said:

That looks practically factory. That's how aftermarket should look, plus cabling is plug and play.

That's what I'm aiming for. I just need to know the cable, I know he provides the RAV4 cable, but that additional one. I also emailed Connects2 for reassurance / to order the part. I plan to make my own thread with photos of the process as well as explaining what I have learnt in terms of our options in the Avensis to make such a change.  Various mod boxes, Chinese fascia / unit combo, or this option. I'm planning this option.  

Could cost around £500 all in, but then I'd be spending £120 a year on map updates with Toyota anyway each year.  I think I'd value CarPlay more.  The existing system struggles to play music consistently or reliable with a music library of a few thousand songs. It can't remember or play well with shuffle on my device. As much as I try to live with it, it's not easy. It redeemed itself with Toyota's £25 a year connected services but they decided to merge this with the maps and take away the separate option which really has ended their otherwise guaranteed income stream from me over my time with this car.