Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PHEV daft question... what is the name of the multimedia system?

Nick72

So I was a bit stumped going through the registration process on MyT first time round... which worked until my car was mysteriously deleted earlier tonight.

Is it called Touch 2 Go?

Or Touch 2 Go plus?

Or wake me up before you go go?

Or something else. 

Confusing the hell out of me and I'm more easily confused these days than a confused person in a confusion matrix. 

• Haha 1

My multimedia device calls itself a ToyotaTouch2Plus. In this respect I think the PHEV and HEV are the same ... but ... 😉

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, philip42h said:

My multimedia device calls itself a ToyotaTouch2Plus. In this respect I think the PHEV and HEV are the same ... but ... 😉

Cheers Philip. Is that with or without Go?

No idea what Go is or means by the way 🤦‍♂️

Go is the sat nav module.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Go is the sat nav module.

Thanks frosty. Ah of course. Like because I want to Go somewhere. That makes sense now. Is that why the multimedia is called Touch 2 as in Touch 'to' Go somewhere using the satnav. Or is it the 2nd gen. But if it is a second gen then what does the plus mean? Like gen 2.1? Soooooo confusing for my little brain.

Edited by Nick72
Corrected several swypo errors

Second generation. First generation was Touch.

• Thanks 1

Yeah it took me a minute to figure out which one mine was.

Did you get an email as well about car being moved to a new account?

I did and then everything started connecting and the numberplate appeared in the MyT app without me putting it in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Cheers Philip. Is that with or without Go?

No idea what Go is or means by the way 🤦‍♂️

To be clear, in MyT it refers to itself as "ToyotaTouch2Plus" without the "Go" moniker - but it does have satnav and so does have 'Go' ...

I'm pretty sure that the recorded Multimedia device id was recovered from the unit when I "Connected" the car (rather than being entered by me), and works correctly when updating the maps either OTA or via USB.

Out of curiosity, why did you want to know?

• Thanks 1

I entered the mm manually into MyT, I found it in the details screen on the unit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Yeah it took me a minute to figure out which one mine was.

Did you get an email as well about car being moved to a new account?

I did and then everything started connecting and the numberplate appeared in the MyT app without me putting it in.

No email 😥

24 minutes ago, philip42h said:

To be clear, in MyT it refers to itself as "ToyotaTouch2Plus" without the "Go" moniker - but it does have satnav and so does have 'Go' ...

I'm pretty sure that the recorded Multimedia device id was recovered from the unit when I "Connected" the car (rather than being entered by me), and works correctly when updating the maps either OTA or via USB.

Out of curiosity, why did you want to know?

Yeh I didn't enter the long code. That just sorted itself out going through the Toyota online set up in the multimedia system.

I just wondered if I had selected the wrong multimedia option in the MyT app during set up and that somehow this might have led to this mini catastrophe where my car has suddenly disappeared from MyT.

I have a name for it but I think the content filters (or moderators) would block it 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2