Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Full leather or basic ?

rich146

Ok so the top of the range Aygo X-Clusiv looks like it’s now full leather. You also get keyless entry and start stop. All that gimmicky stuff. Considering what you get when compared to the next level down (X-Trend) it’s good value. 

Is this the first to get full leather ? Has anyone had full leather in the past ? My current vehicle has full leather but I do have heated seats to compensate for the colder feel on a winters morning. 

wondering about comfort as well ? 

Thoughts from anyone whom has actually experienced full leather in an Aygo would be helpful . Thanks  

It’s a nice choice to have! So let us know what you end up doing.

On another note, I wouldn’t get too excited about ‘full leather’ I’ll wager the Aygo has ‘leather like’ materials and isn’t what we would consider ‘full grain leather hide’. Enjoy your car and share some pictures!

17 minutes ago, ihpj said:

It’s a nice choice to have! So let us know what you end up doing.

On another note, I wouldn’t get too excited about ‘full leather’ I’ll wager the Aygo has ‘leather like’ materials and isn’t what we would consider ‘full grain leather hide’. Enjoy your car and share some pictures!

Is that allowed? Its states leather ?

If I go for it Ill share. Cheers

Quite often, regardless of marque, the sides and back are artificial leather and only the seat facings are leather.

Double check what the brochure says - If it says something like synthetic-leather or vegan-leather it's not leather, but if it just says leather it is usually actual leather.

For example, in the brochure for the Mk4 Yaris it says the steering wheel is leather (and nappa leather in some sections), but the seats are synthetic-leather (So textured plastic :laugh: )

On 9/6/2021 at 9:51 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Quite often, regardless of marque, the sides and back are artificial leather and only the seat facings are leather.

Thanks, ill check with the dealer.

On 9/6/2021 at 9:59 PM, Cyker said:

Double check what the brochure says - If it says something like synthetic-leather or vegan-leather it's not leather, but if it just says leather it is usually actual leather.

For example, in the brochure for the Mk4 Yaris it says the steering wheel is leather (and nappa leather in some sections), but the seats are synthetic-leather (So textured plastic :laugh: )

As mentioned above states leather. Ill check with the dealer but he pointed me towards the brochure rather than actually confirming himself so sounds like its a very recent addition to the X-Clusiv 

even premium cars have syth leather on the sides and backs of seats , id wager its not leather all over the seat

i wanted leather for years then hated it in hot weather  

I found a web log that defined leather. I can't remember the detail but you can have full grain leather such as your Rolls Royce with carefully matched hides. At the bottom end heavily processed leather perhaps reprocessed with a thin layer on the outer surface. 

I had a pair of leather boots.  The smooth outer layer was tissue thin and ripped and bubbled off. 

You can guess where mass produced cars will sit in this range. 

https://www.carsleather.com/abrasion-resistant-new-napa-microfiber-vegan-leather-car-leather-for-car-seat-product/?keyword=auto upholstery leather&matchtype=e&gclid=CjwKCAjwvuGJBhB1EiwACU1AiVj5TkQfREcCJoy89F32NWzkh9mJNEDMePXntC1ZbKeQhY9TCL0jbxoCUQkQAvD_BwE

On 9/6/2021 at 9:51 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

That’s the same when you buy a lounge suite, the sides and back of items will have a good chance of being imitation leather, only the parts the body touch may be genuine animal hide ie leather.

15 hours ago, rich146 said:

As mentioned above states leather. Ill check with the dealer but he pointed me towards the brochure rather than actually confirming himself so sounds like its a very recent addition to the X-Clusiv 

My 2020 model x-clusiv came with seats that are part leather and part Alcantara (the same as my previous 2008 C1 Code whch was a limited edition).

But as mentioned above the leather was very hard, totally unlike the full silk Napa leather setas on an Audi I also owned at the time. There are definitely at least two types of leather used on cars - expensive soft and cheaper hard.

• Like 1

Ive already got full leather in my VW so already know about the generic views on it, hence why i specifically asked about the Aygo and real owners views

5 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

My 2020 model x-clusiv came with seats that are part leather and part Alcantara (the same as my previous 2008 C1 Code whch was a limited edition).

But as mentioned above the leather was very hard, totally unlike the full silk Napa leather setas on an Audi I also owned at the time. There are definitely at least two types of leather used on cars - expensive soft and cheaper hard.

Thanks