Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo 2020 Flashing Warning Light Help

spooner89

I was wondering if someone can please help me understand what has happened this morning. 

On the way back from a short journey, minutes from home, all of a sudden I hear a quick beeping noise, when I looked down at the dashboard there was a warning light, i think it was amber flashing too quickly for me to see what it was. It suddenly stopped after a few seconds and disappeared. Does anyone know what might have happened? I have only had the car for 2 months and never had this issue before. Is this something I need to worry about? 

I have only ever had older cars before, where the warning lights just came on the dashboard no beeps, so this is a new thing for me.

Thanks for any help in advance 🙂 

There are several flashing amber warning lights (the owners manual does have pictures of them all), without some clue what it looked like it's going to be difficult to give more advice.

Thanks 🙂

I didn't get chance see really what it looked like as it flashed that quickly then disappeared. I could just make out it was amber and was on the right hand side. I think it was roughly where about the ABS and Pre-Crash System lights are. It flashed and beeped quickly, and not long after I looked down it went off and the beeping stopped. I drove for about another 2/3 minutes and it didn't come back on.  

1 hour ago, spooner89 said:

I think it was roughly where about the ABS and Pre-Crash System lights are. It flashed and beeped quickly, and not long after I looked down it went off and the beeping stopped. I drove for about another 2/3 minutes and it didn't come back on.  

Was a car in front of you turning into a side turning (or similar)? It sounds like it could be the pre-crash warning to me... I've had that 'trigger' several times when either a car in front has turned off or I've been a bit slower than it would like braking.

• Like 1

Pre collision or LDA spring to mind the closer you are, the faster it beeps

Yes the car in front of me had just turned. So maybe it was the Pre Collision. 

I have just come back form another trip and had no problems at all.

Thank you for help 🙂 

16 hours ago, spooner89 said:

Yes the car in front of me had just turned. So maybe it was the Pre Collision. 

I'd say 99% it was the pre-collision warning - based on what you've said and my experience with my 2020 Aygo with TSS.

Mine has a quick amber warning when the ground gets slippery (ice, heavy rain etc.) I once nearly aqua planed going uphill on a motorway, but managed to correct it, and when I struggled on smooth ice, the warning light came on and it cuts power to the engine to prevent more skidding which was actually more of a hindrance than a help. I don't have a pre-collision warning installed (depends on the level of model)