Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E10 petrol - pre 1998 Toyota vehicles

FROSTYBALLS

See e-mail from Toyota GB extracted from an earlier topic:

Thanks for your email. 

We have been advised by our Product Technical Team that we only have E10 Fuel advice available on vehicles after January 1998. As your vehicle is older than 1998, the E10 fuel would not be compatible for your vehicle. 

However, all Toyota and Lexus petrol cars that are not compatible with E10 can still use E5 petrol as this will still be available in the super grade at many petrol stations.

I'm sorry if this disappoints you however I hope it helps.

Thank you for contacting Toyota. 

Kind regards,

Chanelle Snarey
Customer Support
Toyota (GB) PLC 
Distributor of vehicles, parts and accessories for the UK

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Does that mean that my September 1998 Corolla is definitely not going to have any problems using E10 petrol?  I ask because the exhaust has some welds on the front pipe, where presumably a bracket had originally been welded and removed, indicating that this exhaust was one fitted to an earlier model.  I believe Toyota updated the design of the Corolla in 1998, this would possibly explain parts from the earlier model being fitted, and hence this could include brake pipes too!!!

2 hours ago, olddriver said:

Does that mean that my September 1998 Corolla is definitely not going to have any problems using E10 petrol?  I ask because the exhaust has some welds on the front pipe, where presumably a bracket had originally been welded and removed, indicating that this exhaust was one fitted to an earlier model.  I believe Toyota updated the design of the Corolla in 1998, this would possibly explain parts from the earlier model being fitted, and hence this could include brake pipes too!!!

I meant to say flexible petrol pipes, not brake pipes.

• 1 year later...

LPG might be the route to take for older vehicles. Assuming we can get any. When they say the 5% premium is still compatible, I'm just going to assume it will take twice as long to bork things up.