Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is the Toyota IQ Magnetic Clutch Relay/Integration Relay?(for air conditioning compressor)

NenaHouston

Hi all,

My Toyota IQ air con isn't blowing cold. When I press the air con button I don't hear a change in engine tone or a noise indicating something else has happened (like the compressor coming on). With the air con on and engine running for about 10 mins, the low pressure service port isn't even cold, so I guess I may need to get it re-gassed too but I don't want to do that yet if the compressor's not coming on. I can't actually get a good look to see if that's the case as the compressor is difficult to view.

I found the below picture which suggests a 'magnetic clutch relay' is in the fuse/relay box in that location but, the only relays I see are the following five:

1. Fan No.1 (Electric cooling fan)

2. S-Horn (Theft deterrent)

3.Defogger (Rear window defogger)

4.SR (Starter)

5. Fan No.2 (Electric cooling fan)

(I used the following for help: https://fuse-box.info/toyota/toyota-scion-iq-2008-2015-fuses-and-relay)

Any ideas on where the relay is? 

Many thanks!

ac1.png.19455f63f6ba385ffb604667975f8f7e

Update: from what I've read it seems that the compressor won't engage if the refrigerant gas level has fallen too low. I expect this is the case so, I'll just get it recharged. Well, at least I've learn a lot from the service manual and various forums today. That said, if anyone does know the location of the relay, I'd still like to know and, it may help others!

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

From what i have read and looked into on my own IQ, it is part of the white unit in the larger engine bay fuse / relay box. integrated circuit. meaning its not hot swappable like the other relays in the fuse box. removing this intergrated circuit seems like a headlight out / fuse box out job, as it has many connectors. Looking into an AC problem myself.

Manual or auto A/C, diagnose it first before you go digging, main cause is low gas pressure/leak get it serviced by a pro

MG relay is in the integration module it unplugs then unclips - if you have Auto A/C it does not use an MG relay