Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can the following be retrofit?

priusnoob

- Cruise Control

- Rear Parking 

- Stereo

I figure if I get an old (non hybrid) Yaris, and run it into the ground, if I can at least get back what I like about new cars, that'd be great (Assuming the maths adds up)

the rear parking  sensors  & a head unit certainly.

the cc may depend upon exactly which car you end up with  & how much you are prepared to pay for it. On some Toyotas it is as easy as simply adding the control, others not so easy or not supported at all. 

• Like 1

You can retrofit aftermarket cruise control. I am picking up a 12plate yaris tomorrow, and I already have the cruise control on order. 

Check out Bridgewater electronics, they sell the kit you need. It is £300 

Fitment is easy enough, if you don't mind doing a little wiring, takes a couple of hours, but you'll be working in the drivers footwell.

You have to splice into two wires to the obd, and one for a keyed 12v. Anyone know the easiest place to find a keyed 12v source? 

You also have to a plug a plug into the throttle pedal. 

Finally you have to remove the steering cowl, and drill a 10mm hole in it to fit the stalk with the controls. 

Hope that helps you

• Like 1

CC on the mk3 yaris should be plug and play with just the stalk for french and jap cars, except the 1.0 (1KR-FE)* as the ecu does not support it and some lower spec 1.3 models

*they can have a stalk, but this is just for the speed limiter

As for aftermarket CC there are 2 types oem stalk on aftermarket stalk

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 8:12 AM, JonnyWombat said:

You can retrofit aftermarket cruise control. I am picking up a 12plate yaris tomorrow, and I already have the cruise control on order. 

Check out Bridgewater electronics, they sell the kit you need. It is £300 

Fitment is easy enough, if you don't mind doing a little wiring, takes a couple of hours, but you'll be working in the drivers footwell.

You have to splice into two wires to the obd, and one for a keyed 12v. Anyone know the easiest place to find a keyed 12v source? 

You also have to a plug a plug into the throttle pedal. 

Finally you have to remove the steering cowl, and drill a 10mm hole in it to fit the stalk with the controls. 

Hope that helps you

Is that any Yaris? 

On 9/10/2021 at 12:00 PM, flash22 said:

CC on the mk3 yaris should be plug and play with just the stalk for french and jap cars, except the 1.0 (1KR-FE)* as the ecu does not support it and some lower spec 1.3 models

*they can have a stalk, but this is just for the speed limiter

As for aftermarket CC there are 2 types oem stalk on aftermarket stalk

Thanks. I wouldn't get a 1l given it's seriously lacking power on the motorway. Would a 1.33l one be fine? 

If I got say a 1.4 D4D one, could I easily retrofit cruise control? 

Could I ask what mk3 means in terms of years? Is it 2011-2015?

It appears that the 1.33 engine does at least attract a lower insurance group tbf

The Gen 3/Mk 3 is late 2011 to 2020, facelifts in 2014 and 12/2017

leave the diesels alone unless you're doing 14-15K+ miles a year and doing a longish journey a few times a month

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

The Gen 3/Mk 3 is late 2011 to 2020, facelifts in 2014 and 12/2017

leave the diesels alone unless you're doing 14-15K+ miles a year and doing a longish journey a few times a month

Cool. I'll have a look at cars from 2011 to 2016. I'm guessing I don't need to care about protecting the cat if it's not a hybrid? 

Another reason why I thought a diesel might not be worth it is purely because of the DPF filter which is a huge pain if you're only doing 5-7K miles

No cat theft issues with the yaris hybrid as it's part of the manifold, 1 or 2 have had the secondary cat taken, what has next to no value

On 9/12/2021 at 9:04 PM, priusnoob said:

Is that any Yaris? 

Yes mate, they do units for pretty much any car. you give them a ring and tell them your make and model. they program the unit specifically to your car and supply the wiring harness you require.

I have fitted mine, and it works great, but in the interests of full disclosure it did put on the engine light and the tcs off light. The guys at bridgewater electronics were very helpful, and I just disco'd everything and reconnected everything and for some reason that worked, maybe i had not plugged something in fully. Even then the guys there for me, even though in all likelihood it was my error. They even asked for a call back once I had tested the car again, even though everything looked good in the garage, just so they knew everything was all good. Best customer service I've experienced in a long time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JonnyWombat said:

Yes mate, they do units for pretty much any car. you give them a ring and tell them your make and model. they program the unit specifically to your car and supply the wiring harness you require.

I have fitted mine, and it works great, but in the interests of full disclosure it did put on the engine light and the tcs off light. The guys at bridgewater electronics were very helpful, and I just disco'd everything and reconnected everything and for some reason that worked, maybe i had not plugged something in fully. Even then the guys there for me, even though in all likelihood it was my error. They even asked for a call back once I had tested the car again, even though everything looked good in the garage, just so they knew everything was all good. Best customer service I've experienced in a long time.

Thanks. That's useful. I wouldn't do it myself however. Cars to me are an A to B thing