Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Powered Liftgate (Tailgate) to Facelift Corolla

Fakecorollaowner

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Rob! Hi! I a lover of toyotas, however I got increasingly frustrated with the lack of specification the UK variant of the corolla comes with here in the UK. For example my hands get cold easily, and wanted the heated steering wheel option. Well.. You can't have that in the UK for some reason...

I then discovered the Suzuki Swace.

It's basically a re-badged corolla touring sports MY 2021. It's fully loaded with everything except the JBL sound system, Powered Tailgate & Leather. It actually has more on it than the UK variant of the Excel trim has (minus the powered tailgate).

I want to retrofit one to my Swace and wondered if anyone has gone about doing this to their excel corolla (pre the powered liftgate option) when it very first got released in the UK?

I also wondered if the wiring looms are already there on the excel trim models which did not originally get fitted with a powered liftgate or if I would need to purchase those parts too?

Is it worth buying toyota parts or should I go for an aftermarket system instead?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help.

Rob

Firstly the Corolla hasn't been facelifted as yet.

1 hour ago, Fakecorollaowner said:

I want to retrofit one to my Swace

Secondly, profile edited to reflect the car actually owned.

Honestly, I've had the electric tailgate feature for the last 3 years and it doesn't do anything for me. I do understand that some people might have shoulder problems and in that case, it would be a real benefit.

With you 100% on the heated steering wheel, though!

The power tailgate is handy, but not if you are in a hurry.  It takes about 4 seconds to close and a further second or two to lock itself.