Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing chain fails on 2015 Verso, 1.6 diesel, FSH 73k miles, please help

ke30searcher

Hi all, could I pick your brains if I may?

The timing chain on my 2015 Toyota Verso has failed after 73k miles.

First registered in January 2015, with full service history, most work having been carried out by Toyota themselves.

I have been quoted £1843.20 just for labour, excluding any parts.

Toyota claim the chain is maintenance free.

The car is 20 months out of warranty, still though, the mileage is way too low for such failure!

What's the best way to convince them to contribute?

I've tried my pretty please approach both on twitter and with my local Toyota garage without any success.

Any feedback is most welcome.

18 minutes ago, ke30searcher said:

with full service history, most work having been carried out by Toyota themselves.

So presumably it doesn't have a full service history with Toyota. 

With an out of warranty repair, and without a Toyota extended warranty, you're reliant on Toyota showing goodwill to make a contribution (not necessarily the whole cost). 

Goodwill works both ways - the manufacturer shows goodwill by helping with out of warranty repairs, and the owner show goodwill by continuing to have the car serviced within the Toyota dealer network.

Other manufacturers follow the same stance.

If the car has been serviced outside of the Toyota dealer network, Toyota are unlikely to offer a goodwill contribution, which may be where you are now.

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

So presumably it doesn't have a full service history with Toyota. 

With an out of warranty repair, and without a Toyota extended warranty, you're reliant on Toyota showing goodwill to make a contribution (not necessarily the whole cost). 

Goodwill works both ways - the manufacturer shows goodwill by helping with out of warranty repairs, and the owner show goodwill by continuing to have the car serviced within the Toyota dealer network.

Other manufacturers follow the same stance.

If the car has been serviced outside of the Toyota dealer network, Toyota are unlikely to offer a goodwill contribution, which may be where you are now.

Yes exactly, any goodwill would be more than welcome and that's what I'm hoping for...

You will probably have to take it up with Toyota GB's CS yourself but if it has been serviced outside the dealer network ...