Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Auris 1.33 VVTi clutch

Dey

2010 Auris 1.33 VVti Petrol will start but will not accelerate when on gear. It barely moves on Reverse or 1st gear. 

The car has done 55k miles. 

Please can you tell me what the problem can be and if it's the clutch how much is the repair cost.

Thanks

Mmh

Does it rev freely while in neutral and does the engine sound lively?

Does it not even drive when trying to pull in 2nd gear?

Hi, if unsure about the problem clutch or something else best to take the car to a garage for diagnosing the issue and price for replacement. If the clutch is so bad to not even move the car it will smell burning like when you cut through metal with angle grinder. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dey said:

2010 Auris 1.33 VVti Petrol will start but will not accelerate when on gear. It barely moves on Reverse or 1st gear. 

The car has done 55k miles. 

Please can you tell me what the problem can be and if it's the clutch how much is the repair cost.

Thanks

When did theis problem start?  Has it got progrssively worse?

It stopped suddenly when driving back from holiday on motorway. It was a steep hill which it climbed and then started having the issue. A burnt smell also came.

43 minutes ago, Dey said:

It stopped suddenly when driving back from holiday on motorway. It was a steep hill which it climbed and then started having the issue. A burnt smell also came.

Hi, 

likely to be the clutch then. eBay has plenty of offers and seems a good price, Blueprint is one of the best names for aftermarket parts for Japanese cars., their clutch kit it’s only a two part and you will need to buy the bearing separately, there are also kits that includes the bearing , you will need to change all 3 parts for peace of mind, but I have no idea if these are any good quality and can not recommend. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clutch-Kit-2-piece-Cover-Plate-fits-TOYOTA-AURIS-NRE150-1-33-09-to-12-1NR-FE-/334019713817?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
Good luck