Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple Car Play on Corolla GR Sport

Barbados

I picked up my new Corolla last week, delighted with it. All the brochures state it comes with Touch 2 and Apple Car Play. But has anyone actually bothered going through the pain of setting up Car Play? And if so, was it worth the effort? 

Yes and YES!!

Setting up (for most cars) tends to be very straightforward. It's easier than bluetooth pairing because you just plug it into the USB port and then acknowledge the prompt on your phone.

I use it for music and podcasts, but mainly for navigation, because Google maps or Waze are much better than any of the systems that come built in with the car.

My partner has just got a Yaris and uses carplay.

As the systems are similar or almost identical to the Corolla it was as simple as plug in the phone via usb to the car and it's a quick couple of taps on the screen on the car and iPhone.

Was less than 2 minutes, maybe even less than a minute!

Ah, thanks for the replies! I think I need to buy a special USB lead, and I then I’ll give it a go …

You need a usb data cable.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links