Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2021 Yaris EV mode.

Hadrian1

1 minute ago, Graham47 said:

Many thanks, Colin.

I’m pretty sure my (Sept 2018) spec is too early to have those MyT services active.

You're absolutely right. It's part of the new "Connected Services" that came with the new Mk4 Yaris.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CPN said:

Methinks you've got something the wrong way around in your calculations there?!! You seem to be saying that it will travel just 5.333 miles on a WHOLE tankful of fuel?!! Perhaps not?😉

(btw, I don't think that anyone in the UK thinks in gallons anymore for fuel/petrol/gasoline. It is sold to us in Litres over here and all of our tank capacities are quoted in Litres also. For fuel consumption, ironically, we still seem to doggedly stick to miles-per-gallon and that's probably because our road distances are still measured in miles and so "litres-per-100km" is too hard to convert! )

I think the conversion is fine

gb_gallon.PNG

gb_milles.PNG

Screenshot_2021-09-14-23-17-49-255_app.mytoyota.toyota.com.mytoyota.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-14-23-17-41-664_app.mytoyota.toyota.com.mytoyota.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-14-23-17-17-258_app.mytoyota.toyota.com.mytoyota.jpg

On 9/14/2021 at 10:48 PM, Dala said:

for me in total per year:

average time in EV mode: 58%  (summer 65%)

average distance in EV mode: 50% (summer 58%)

average consumption: 1.4848 gallons / mile (summer - 1.3449 gallons / mile, winter - 1.5573 gallons / mile)

100 octane gasoline

Nothing wrong with your conversions below but that wasn't what I was questioning? There were no conversions as such in your original post. It's your statement above (in red) that I was questioning? (...and I am presuming that the "/" means "per") It doesn't take ANY car, that I know of, to need 1.4848 gallons (UK or otherwise!) to travel one single mile?!! Most cars these days travel at least 30 miles (or more) using just ONE gallon of fuel. Your figures above make no sense at all.

39 minutes ago, Dala said:

I think the conversion is fine

gb_gallon.PNG

gb_milles.PNG

Screenshot_2021-09-14-23-17-49-255_app.mytoyota.toyota.com.mytoyota.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-14-23-17-41-664_app.mytoyota.toyota.com.mytoyota.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-14-23-17-17-258_app.mytoyota.toyota.com.mytoyota.jpg

28 minutes ago, Dala said:

you're right, the calculation was to be / 100 mil

Right, I thought that's what you meant. 😉 Which when converted to metric equates to 4.22L/100Km (66.9mpg), which is excellent! 🙂

I'm getting an overall all-time figure so far of 5.6L/100Km (50mpg) in mine, so I need to do better! 🙂

(Trouble is, I rather like the new extra acceleration power in the new Mk4 😁)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CPN said:

Right, I thought that's what you meant. 😉 Which when converted to metric equates to 4.22L/100Km (66.9mpg), which is excellent! 🙂

I'm getting an overall all-time figure so far of 5.6L/100Km in mine, so I need to do better! 🙂

That’s my last numbers 67.1mpg but I think they are not real although I had some driving in London which pushes mpg up I had to refill petrol at different garages and this offsets my calculations. I always convert miles to km range, than use the litres of petrol to divide and get litres/100km then convert again in mpg to have more relevant picture to where I am now although km and litres has always make more sense to me as I come from the continent and I’de been taught metric. 👍

• Like 2

When I do my fill-ups, it is always the same distance short of the top edge of the filler. In most cases that means I have to slow down for the last couple of litres to allow air bubbles to come up the pipe. At least I know my figures are accurate and consistent that way...

I'm probably that slow person at the pump in front of you that you are waiting patiently for! 🤣 

• Haha 2

ok, I will give a calculation in liters per 100 km 🙂
When driving on a straight road, it is possible to reach 2.8-3.2 l / 100km
My lowest value is 2.1 l / 100km
I never turn on the EV mode manually 

Screenshot_2021-07-31-19-32-19-103_app.mytoyota.toyota.com.mytoyota.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dala said:

ok, I will give a calculation in liters per 100 km 🙂
When driving on a straight road, it is possible to reach 2.8-3.2 l / 100km
My lowest value is 2.1 l / 100km
I never turn on the EV mode manually 

Screenshot_2021-07-31-19-32-19-103_app.mytoyota.toyota.com.mytoyota.jpg

How on earth did you manage 134.5 mpg?! (2.1L/100Km=48Km/L) 

I'm curious why Km/L did not become a standard in metric countries rather than L/100Km? Seems to make more sense, no?

I can only imagine it was the world's longest downhill slope :laugh:

I never got the L/100km thing either, but euro-driver buddies seem to think it's logical whereas they think mpg makes no sense :laugh: 

I guess it's just what you're used to!

• Like 1

yes, the altitude profile of the route was good for EV mod

on the same route, the average driver drove 45% in EV mode 

obrázek_2021-09-16_222424.png

obrázek_2021-09-16_222901.png

• Like 1

That's really annoying! I'm usually at 70-80% EV mode but I've not gotten more than the low 80's mpg!! Certainly nowhere near 134!! :crybaby: 

4 hours ago, CPN said:

(Trouble is, I rather like the new extra acceleration power in the new Mk4 😁)

... yeah this is probably why for me too... Preach it bro! :naughty: 

4 hours ago, CPN said:

I'm probably that slow person at the pump in front of you that you are waiting patiently for! 🤣 

It's okay, the tank in the Mk4 is tiny so it doesn't take long to fill! :laugh: (I still get caught out when filling as it usually clicks off around 10L earlier than I'm expecting it to from my previous cars :laugh: )

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

I can only imagine it was the world's longest downhill slope :laugh:

Seems that was true! 🤣

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

I never got the L/100km thing either, but euro-driver buddies seem to think it's logical whereas they think mpg makes no sense :laugh: 

That is some really weird kind of logic!!! It's logical for the xxxx in "per xxxx" to be the thing you are paying for, right? You don't buy "Km" right? You don't buy "miles" either! You buy either Litres or Gallons so it should be either "per litre" or "per gallon" right? Ergo, it can only be either "miles per gallon" or "kilometres per litre"! I suppose you could have "miles per litre" but that would be just silly!

"litres per 100 Km" makes no sense at all! Why 100 Km? Why not make it 500 or 50?!

I rest my case! 😁

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Cyker said:

That's really annoying! I'm usually at 70-80% EV mode but I've not gotten more than the low 80's mpg!! Certainly nowhere near 134!! :crybaby: 

... yeah this is probably why for me too... Preach it bro! :naughty: 

It's okay, the tank in the Mk4 is tiny so it doesn't take long to fill! :laugh: (I still get caught out when filling as it usually clicks off around 10L earlier than I'm expecting it to from my previous cars :laugh: )

Imagine a range anxiety with a hybrid car,. Not because of the Battery but because of the petrol tank it’s too small 😂 🚗✌️42ltr on my Auris I fill up every second day. Btw your numbers are amazing , this Yaris seems like a real deal city car that weights only a 1090kg and has 116bhp. 

• Like 1

Did you know that if you set the Mk4 to "Pwr" (to sharpen the throttle response) and floor the throttle at the lights, you get the full torque available from the electric motor instantly added to the ICE and the result is a 0-30mph sprint time of just over 3 seconds! (I've timed it repeatedly and the best I've managed is 3.2 secs) Leaves most normal cars for dead...

I love seeing the faces of other cars' drivers when I get to the next lights and they pull up alongside. It's like, "that is a hybrid??!!" 😁

(Now you know why my consumption is so rubbish! 🤣)

• Haha 4

Yes the launch of the Mk4 is very addictive... It's so responsive! I try not to do it but if I'm first at the lights I just can't help it!! I'm normally in Eco mode for better low-speed control, but even then I can still launch off the line so fast that if I'm making a right turn, I can usually complete it before the opposite car has even begun to move!

The fact that we can drive like this and still get 70-odd mpg is just insane :laugh: 

Toyota made a damned good car in this. It's really pleasant seeing and feeling how much the HSD has improved since the old 1.5 Prius Mk2 that we first saw!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cyker said:

The fact that we can drive like this and still get 70-odd mpg is just insane :laugh:

Ha! One day I may just manage those sort of figures... one day (sigh...) 😄

8 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Toyota made a damned good car in this. It's really pleasant seeing and feeling how much the HSD has improved since the old 1.5 Prius Mk2 that we first saw!!

Indeed it is! 😁

On 9/16/2021 at 10:08 AM, Graham47 said:

How do you know ?
Is this the sort of information that is displayed as you switch off in the new Yaris ?

Yep, it's also displayed with a green bar in the screen between the "binoculars". But is more prominenly displayed when you switch off as you say.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:43 PM, CPN said:

I'm getting an overall all-time figure so far of 5.6L/100Km (50mpg) in mine, so I need to do better! 🙂

5.6 average is very decent for a 100% petrol engine, I can just about get that in my current car, but only on long runs which are overall downhill, although when it was newer I could get closer to 5L/100km. On my introduction thread Bernard Foy said he managed the equivalent of 3.9L/100 km with his Yaris IV. I am hoping to reduce fuel consumption by 30+ % with the Yaris, along with the reduction in C02.

1 hour ago, Stopeter44 said:

5.6 average is very decent for a 100% petrol engine, I can just about get that in my current car, but only on long runs which are overall downhill, although when it was newer I could get closer to 5L/100km. On my introduction thread Bernard Foy said he managed the equivalent of 3.9L/100 km with his Yaris IV. I am hoping to reduce fuel consumption by 30+ % with the Yaris, along with the reduction in C02.

You will definitely, Yaris is a great little car, I haven’t tried one yet but I see them everywhere now plus plenty of info in the net and here. 5ltr/100Km and below are typical numbers for Toyota hybrids, in my old auris I get 60+mpg around 4.7ltr/100km mostly motorways. , more I drive in town the efficiency goes even better, Toyota hybrids are opposite to standard ice cars. 👍

On 9/20/2021 at 2:42 PM, TonyHSD said:

You will definitely, Yaris is a great little car, I haven’t tried one yet but I see them everywhere now plus plenty of info in the net and here. 5ltr/100Km and below are typical numbers for Toyota hybrids, in my old auris I get 60+mpg around 4.7ltr/100km mostly motorways. , more I drive in town the efficiency goes even better, Toyota hybrids are opposite to standard ice cars. 👍

My first exposure to Hybrids was the Prius, I have friends with two of them, but, at the time, 10+ years ago, I was running a diesel and was getting 5L/100km with no worries, except around town, and then it was pretty awful (8L/100km). 

After knocking around the idea of a new car, I couldn't escape the "fact" the was only one "contenduh" , the other options were either too big and expensive (like PHEV Suvs) or all electric (Peugeot E-208). 

On a daily basis, I could completely get by with an all electric Zoe or 208. In the very small town (5K± population) where I live, we refer to the town centre as the village centre, it's only 6 km to the other side of town and back, the longest habitual run we do is about 25km round trip, and I neither of us has to "work outside of the house" anymore, but we do occasional, say, twice a month, 250 km± runs to Massilia and the range of the small EVs is either not enough (Honda "e", and there's no dealer close by!) or just right on the limit (250 km). 

I just don't know how the WTLP range figures relate to real life. I think they are useful as a guide to relative fuel economy, but as to the range capability, no idea. I think a major jump in Battery capability is required before EVs are viable as the only car of a household.

So, it was just the "more in town I drive the efficiency gos even better" factor that was so appealing.

Edited by Stopeter44
Massillia is roman name for the oldest city in France
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody, the same problem for me here in paris.

I have described precisely all the symptoms here => https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQy6SWjjAgr4VLDOlyU-nb3UJUNuHDG-m6ddPF1HUGpgkp0oN-VzgrIdZ-O1HhRoA/pubhtml

Use translator as it in in french 🙂

How did you fix this problem ?

recharge intempestive.jpg

thermique arret non recharge.jpg

thermique non eteint 1.jpg

• Like 1

I looked over your "tableur" and it looks like you may have a problem. What does your Toyota dealer say, about all that ?

I have noticed that in colder conditions in my Yaris the motor runs longer, but even when it's, say, 5°C outside with heating and clim' off, it will go to electric in a very short time, i.e. the car is barely trying to keep the motor warm.

2 hours ago, joset said:

Hi everybody, the same problem for me here in paris.

I have described precisely all the symptoms here => https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQy6SWjjAgr4VLDOlyU-nb3UJUNuHDG-m6ddPF1HUGpgkp0oN-VzgrIdZ-O1HhRoA/pubhtml

Use translator as it in in french 🙂

How did you fix this problem ?

Is there a particular reason why you selected "B" in your last two tests? As per the manual, that is only meant to give additional engined braking whilst descending steep hills?

image.thumb.png.e989fa9302452bf12f7f49a8bf4dfcef.png

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links