Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spacesaver

c90

51 minutes ago, Chrisg99 said:

Tell me more as I am due to collect my kit tomorrow.

I managed to buy all the stuff, but then got a 2nd hand space saver for £65

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tango T5 said:

I managed to buy all the stuff, but then got a 2nd hand space saver for £65

Lucky you, well done. Out of interest did you get a new jack and what price? as you are probably aware they went from around £12.50 to £67. Waiting to see how much I am getting charged in the morning.

The jack came in at about £15. The cheapest part was a 2nd hand space saver at £65

I too have been pricing items for a space saver for my CHR GR sport which I am hoping to take delivery 2nd July 

And I have been given a price for the jack part no 0911-F4010 £10.83 + vat

And the jack handle 09113-F9010 £1.58 + vat

And the 16inch space saver42600-F4210 £129.16 + vat 

Official Toyota Store on eBay is doing a 20% off (for the jubilee). CROWN20 is the coupon code. They do free delivery over £30

These were the prices I paid at my local dealer yesterday. Other than the wheel and associated parts there is the front bonnet protector, mudflaps and the rear bumper protection. Plus all the current part numbers for anyone considering ordering.

Still waiting to see if there is a refund on the price of the jack which is currently £48.69+VAT.

scanwheel_20220524201142.pdf

• Like 1

Hi all,

I wanted to ask - this bit of polystyrene trim in the spare wheel set up, is it firm and flush with the rear boot trim of your car? As you can see, mine is not and it wobbles a bit when moved with the hands? Not sure if I have fitted it properly but I see that the two screws in the floor of the car, they do go into the white socket of the polystyrene trim.

Thanks

Sol

IMG_20220526_113554.jpg

On 5/26/2022 at 12:01 PM, Spo2 said:

Hi all,

I wanted to ask - this bit of polystyrene trim in the spare wheel set up, is it firm and flush with the rear boot trim of your car? As you can see, mine is not and it wobbles a bit when moved with the hands? Not sure if I have fitted it properly but I see that the two screws in the floor of the car, they do go into the white socket of the polystyrene trim.

Thanks

Sol

IMG_20220526_113554.jpg

Did you find a solution to this ??

8 hours ago, Tango T5 said:

Did you find a solution to this ??

Nope, it seems it is designed like that. 

• Like 2

Mine does not wobble it is quite firm and secure otherwise the same.

13 minutes ago, Chrisg99 said:

Mine does not wobble it is quite firm and secure otherwise the same.

Same here, I checked earlier today. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 10:08 AM, alan333 said:

Bear in mind that I had no instructions to go by, but the underside of the wheel cushion follows the contour of the boot floor if sat as per the pic, and the upper right corner sits tightly against the vertical lip.  It doesn’t look like it would hold the wheel tightly and level but it does.  You can also maybe see better in this pic why the cut out of the rear trim is needed.

0AA33BF8-631F-4282-AFBE-985F769AC306.jpeg

So the wheel cushion is just placed in there free then, or are people securing it somehow ??

Does a 16 inch space saver wheel sit in the boot well properly so it does not raise the floor height by much. I got a 17 inch one but it does not fit properly 

cheers Alex

Ours is a 2.0 so the boot floor is already raised due to it having a Battery in the boot, but the 16" space saver raises the boot floor to the height of the Battery.  Have a read at this thread, where there are some pics.

So is it glued in place, or just rested there with the space saver just on the top of it. 

TIA

For mine I just left it loose andfound the best sitting position for it and put the wheel in and screwed the clamp down.

• Like 1

All the foamy pieces sit in place, however there are sort-of screws sticking up from the boot floor at a couple of places, and there are corresponding holes in the bottom of the foamy pieces.

• Like 3

Having read this thread I used the schematic diagram and list a member supplied the forum and sent it across to my Toyota dealer who is supplying my CHR.   Grateful to the members who made it easy for me to follow this path because like a lot of members tyre inflation kits are not for me. I noticed that in a new CHR you get a compressor and a canister of goo and not even a jack and brace to change a wheel if you wanted to remove one, albeit I guess most owners will have equipment at home to do this.  

One final point: what is a Rough Road space saver at 18 inch which shows on the list I mentioned earlier. The list quotes a 16 inch and an 18 inch but the 18 inch wheel is described as Rough Road ????

I concur Alex, the thread Alan refers to is very comprehensive on the specifics of the parts required to install the correct space saver depending on the specific model of CHR  from the 1.2 engine to the 2.0 hybrid.

Following from on from the very useful advise and parts information members have supplied I passed all the necessary information across to my dealer and he has sent me the attached document quoting part numbers and prices incl both versions of the actual space saver wheel, a 16 inch and a 18 inch Rough Road version what ever that means.   I'm just waiting to see on the My Toyota App that the build has started before I order all the parts incl the additional accessories he has priced for me. 

Spare Wheel KIt Parts Prices for CHR.docx

If you have ordered a 2 litre then you do not require the deck board as already with the car due to the Battery being in the boot where as a 1.8 has the Battery in the engine bay. If you wish to look back on this thread I posted the prices from Stoneacre that I paid ( the jack price is now revised at £20).

Hi all, before I go heavy handed and break something. How do you get the original 1 piece section out of the car ?? Is it via the back seat section ?? As it seems to wide to come out of the boot aperture !!

Hi David,

When I did mine I lowered the back seats, took out the parcelshelf and the deck board. Then lifted one corner to an angle and eventually the original polystyrene 1 section box came out. Lot easier putting the new in only piece that had me scratching my head was the piece that goes underneth the wheel but eventually placed i where it needed to be. Put the wheel and bits in, putting the original tyre pump and sealant in the right hand cubby, job done!

Hope this helps.

Chris.

4 minutes ago, Chrisg99 said:

putting the original tyre pump and sealant in the right hand cubby, job done!

I put mine in my garage as I don't have a right hand cubby as the JBL speaker is there. 

Left hand cubby already has other stuff stored in it. 

• Like 1