Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spacesaver

c90

Alan,

I think my guy at the local dealer admitted he was a bit in the dark. He said that once the car is around (as I have not bought off them as they wanted full Retail!) When I had the Corolla, he was extremely helpful. So has offered to order all parts listed and use only what is required, so hopefully from your comment it should only cost around £250ish.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/22/2022 at 1:32 PM, alan333 said:

Yes all correct per my invoices.  They’re all preceded by a letter G tho, ie the jack is G09111-F4010 etc.  Also, just to clarify, the wheel comes with a tyre already fitted.

BTW the boot trim (the piece you could get away with cutting your original) is only £7.74 +vat.  And the block which fits under the wheel to hold it steady at the correct height is £5.80+vat.

I tried to procure this from the official Toyota store on eBay and they told me the Wheel and Tyre set is part number 42600f4210- seems they don't know  42600F4211 replaces 42600f4210. 42600f4210 is not listed but 42600F4211 is listed, so going to order what you have said.

On 3/22/2022 at 5:53 PM, alan333 said:

4 is the support block for under the wheel.

6 is front right foam

7 is rear right foam

8 is the rear plastic trim

Alan, where does #8 go? It is already fitted in the 2-litre vehicle? Right? Or do you remove the original one and replace it with the new one? I ordered via eBay as they provided me with custom listings but it seems I still got the wrong items- #6 and #7 don't like yours

3 hours ago, Spo2 said:

Alan, where does #8 go? It is already fitted in the 2-litre vehicle? Right? Or do you remove the original one and replace it with the new one? I ordered via Ebay as they provided me with custom listings but it seems I still got the wrong items- #6 and #7 don't like yours

You remove the existing rear panel and fit the new one with the bottom cut out so the wheel fits.

The parts numbers I quoted earlier are the numbers printed on my invoice and correspond with the part numbers stickers on the items.

3 minutes ago, alan333 said:

You remove the existing rear panel and fit the new one with the bottom cut out so the wheel fits.

The parts numbers I quoted earlier are the numbers printed on my invoice and correspond with the part numbers stickers on the items.

Thanks, Alan- would look at this. In the first instance, what is already fitted and #8 looked identical to me. Toyota tore on eBay has sent me wrong #6 and #7 (front and rear right foams, so they need to go back). Thanks again for your help.

12 hours ago, Spo2 said:

what is already fitted and #8 looked identical to me. 

They are similar, but the original one has a lip at the bottom of the trim fouling the wheel from sitting down into place.  The replacement doesn't have the lip, thus the wheel sits lower and level.  You could probably cut the lip off the original if you really wanted.

On 4/14/2022 at 3:01 PM, Chrisg99 said:

Following on from these from Alan I asked my local dealer for a price. He sent me the Toyota spare wheel kit parts list (BELOW) and for everything in the first picture for a MY22 two litre GR Sport C-HR is £340 inc. VAT. Not asked about discount yet! Approx. Two days delivery. Hope this helps anyone else going the route of adding a spare as I will be doing. Two items Alan has not listed 64740-F4160-C0 N/S Trim is approx. £54 and 58410-F4090-C0 Deck Board is approx. £28 so could reduce the price to approx. £252 ish.

C_HR_Spare_Wheel_Kit_2019_10v2(19).pdf 3.02 MB · 12 downloads

Now I have a VIN number for my parked in a Derbyshire compound for two weeks. Stoneacre Teesside have confirmed that the items on page one of the pdf are the correct items for a 2 litre discounting the N/S LH side trim and the deck board as not required. The wheel is a 16" rim with correct profile to bring it within +/- .5% rolling circumference (the only Spacesaver in 18" that Toyota supply is the rough road one) of the standard 19" wheels and they have quoted £256.35 inc. VAT for all other items listed.

What a lovely day. Picked up car @ 11:00 this morning and had a leisurely drive home. After lunch removed the old boot floor and styrofoam and fitted new space saver wheel etc with new flooring. Fitted a treat and only took about 10 minutes to complete. Been playing with all the controls and setting up the radio etc this afternoon then quick trip into town as Commander in Chief wanted to visit a couple of shops. No complaints from me as any excuse to take the car for a drive. I'd forgotten what a pleasure the C-HR is to drive since the test Drive. Longer trip up the coast planned for the morning. Managed 75% EV today, Topped up with fuel now so will see how the MPG goes. For all you still waiting, trust me it will be worth it !!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sfmpm2a said:

What a lovely day. Picked up car @ 11:00 this morning and had a leisurely drive home. After lunch we removed the old boot floor and Styrofoam and fitted the new space saver wheel etc. with new flooring. It fitted a treat and only took about 10 minutes to complete. Been playing with all the controls and setting up the radio etc. this afternoon then quick trip into town as Commander in Chief wanted to visit a couple of shops. No complaints from me as any excuse to take the car for a drive. I'd forgotten what a pleasure the C-HR is to drive since the test drive. A longer trip up the coast planned for the morning. Managed 75% EV today, topped up with fuel now so will see how the MPG goes. For all you still waiting, trust me it will be worth it!!!

John,

Stop rubbing it in! LOL mine is still in Derby with no apparent change in delivery date. Do enjoy yours to the full 

On 3/2/2022 at 9:57 PM, Devon Aygo said:

42600-F4211 is a supersession of F4210 so will be fine, the ebay listing is showing the conventional non hybrid 2.0 available in other markets.

Toyota created F4210 on eBay store here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-C-HR-16-Space-Saver-Spare-Wheel-Tyre-Black-42600F4210-/224960959515#rwid

How above is different from 42600-F4211 which is here  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322467925045 - apart from being £10 more expensive? BTW, I have ordered this.

On 4/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, Spo2 said:

Alan, where does #8 go? It is already fitted in the 2-litre vehicle? Right? Or do you remove the original one and replace it with the new one?

Here are a couple of pics where you can see the curve cut out.  The trim with the blue tape is the new one.

B7B78E16-7135-4695-9B10-F0DD8BA9FBA3.jpeg

30BE720D-A2B1-4A50-BD6C-20AA7403087D.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alan333 said:

Here are a couple of pics where you can see the curve cut out.  The trim with the blue tape is the new one.

Can't see the pics !!

3 hours ago, alan333 said:

Thanks Alan. What sort of tool did it need to remove and fix this trim. Sorry, I will have to buy that as well. 

8 hours ago, Spo2 said:

Thanks Alan. What sort of tool did it need to remove and fix this trim. Sorry, I will have to buy that as well. 

A 10mm socket (probably a spanner would do?) to unscrew the two cargo hooks.  Once these are removed the whole piece comes off easily by pulling upwards, you'll hear the clips pop as you go.

• Thanks 1

Apparently my space saver wheel should arrive at the dealer tomorrow to finally complete the kit of parts I ordered several weeks ago.

They even offered to book the vehicle in to fit it for me which I kindly refused.

Its a shame you can't order a complete spare wheel kit from the factory.

Agree with you, it would make things so much simpler.

I ordered all the parts from Toyota Spares Direct and everything was delivered within 4 days and only took 10 minutes to fit once I got the car.

• Like 1

i think you will find that the AA and RAC? Carry a spare half wheel which they put on and will pick back up at a later date from the dealer that replaces the tyre? I'm not sure i have my facts 100%, but that's my understanding of this

3 minutes ago, sfmpm2a said:

I ordered all the parts from Toyota Spares Direct and everything was delivered within 4 days and only took 10 minutes to fit once I got the car.

Do they deliver free? Seems i bought my car from them. 

3 hours ago, sfmpm2a said:

I ordered all the parts from Toyota Spares Direct

Presume you mean Toyota Direct Parts - https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/  - operated by Fish Brothers Toyota.

• Like 1

Yes, Sorry Must get all the correct details in future!! thanks for the correction. Delivery  was £9.99 inc Insurance

On 5/5/2022 at 4:39 PM, sfmpm2a said:

Lee, if you are able to fit, then would you be able to post a pic of the assembled unit without the space saver tyre in place? Just want to see where you fit the wheel cushion. My order got messed up and would need to reorder!

17 hours ago, Spo2 said:

Lee, if you are able to fit, then would you be able to post a pic of the assembled unit without the space saver tyre in place? Just want to see where you fit the wheel cushion. My order got messed up and would need to reorder!

Bear in mind that I had no instructions to go by, but the underside of the wheel cushion follows the contour of the boot floor if sat as per the pic, and the upper right corner sits tightly against the vertical lip.  It doesn’t look like it would hold the wheel tightly and level but it does.  You can also maybe see better in this pic why the cut out of the rear trim is needed.

0AA33BF8-631F-4282-AFBE-985F769AC306.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Spo2 said:

I'm still waiting for the wheel to arrive, its the final missing piece of the puzzle - hopefully it will show up soon as I have some time of this week, also have to fit the mud flaps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alan333 said:

Bear in mind that I had no instructions to go by, but the underside of the wheel cushion follows the contour of the boot floor if sat as per the pic, and the upper right corner sits tightly against the vertical lip.  It doesn’t look like it would hold the wheel tightly and level but it does.  You can also maybe see better in this pic why the cut out of the rear trim is needed.

0AA33BF8-631F-4282-AFBE-985F769AC306.jpeg

Alan, thank you very much. Did not want to bother you to remove the spare wheel to take picture, which you did- very grateful. Bought the 10mm socket as well- now waiting for the wheel kit to arrive! 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 9:04 PM, sfmpm2a said:

Yes, Sorry Must get all the correct details in future!! thanks for the correction. Delivery  was £9.99 inc Insurance

Think I might have to go to Toyota Direct Parts as well. Despite providing the part numbers, the eBay store seems to create mess- I bought once, got wrong items and had to send everything back. Asked again, and they have come up with some different parts numbers from what @alan333 mentioned here.