Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What features would you like to see?

Bozz

This may have been done before but....

I think the Corolla is pretty well equipped however there are some features missing that I'd like to see on UK spec cars. What does everyone else think?

My list (in no particular order) is as follows:-

- Heated windscreen (like on Fords and Skoda's etc)

- Blind spot monitoring and cross traffic alert

- Heated steering wheel

- Lumbar support adjustment on front passenger seat (seems a bit mean not to include this)

- Active matrix LED headlamp system

- A higher resolution touchscreen

- Reversing camera with active wheel position tracking

Some of these things are mentioned in the UK owners handbook but are still not available.

Bozz

self driving Tesla crusher! 😄

but yea those things you mentioned!

• Thanks 1

Automatically folding mirrors

Follow me home headlights

More USB Ports (for rear passengers)

agree with the list so far.

Basically the options that are available in countries other than the UK.

I would also like the option of a lighter coloured roof lining, rather than just black.

The option of having 17 inch wheels on the Excel model.

the option of HUD on the excel model

the option of a spare wheel on the excel model.

Sure I will think of some more ....

• Like 1

Blind spot monitoring / rear cross traffic alert.

Motion door locking when you drive away.

HUD option on Excel.

JBL option on GR Sport.

Heated steering wheel option.

1 hour ago, Spartan_Shorai said:

I thought this was already a thing?  Although i guess it depends on which Touring Sport one you have?

Auto folding headlights happens on my 2019 Design spec car.

34 minutes ago, bewA said:

Auto folding headlights happens on my 2019 Design spec car.

Hmm, not heard of this option before!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spartan_Shorai said:

More USB Ports (for rear passengers)

All Corolla except base Icon Trim have auto folding mirrors, make sure 3 position switch is in middle position.

All Corolla have follow me home headlamps, just pull the headlamp stalk towards you after switching off the ignition.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 50p said:

Hmm, not heard of this option before!

All Corolla except base Icon Trim have auto folding mirrors, make sure 3 position switch is in middle position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

This was a 'tongue in cheek' comment as the original post says:-

'Auto folding headlights happens on my 2019 Design spec car.'

Oh lol oops! Sorry for adding randomness! 😂

Obvs should have typed mirrors and not headlights!

I've had one of those days!

• Haha 1

Being new to Toyota, for me it would be something very simple, cheap and pretty easy to do.

My only 'niggle' so far with my Corolla is that the seat belt buckles do not stop where you put them when you've taken them off. When I come to put them on again, I always seem to have feel around at ground level looking for the buckle as they slide down the belt so easily. The buckles could also do with some soft touch material around them to stop the passengers side buckle from rattling against the door pillar when there's only me in the car.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FiestaRed said:

Being new to Toyota, for me it would be something very simple, cheap and pretty easy to do.

My only 'niggle' so far with my Corolla is that the seat belt buckles do not stop where you put them when you've taken them off. When I come to put them on again, I always seem to have feel around at ground level looking for the buckle as they slide down the belt so easily. The buckles could also do with some soft touch material around them to stop the passengers side buckle from rattling against the door pillar when there's only me in the car.

That sounds wrong to me - I am sure my Auris has a plastic catch/bump to stop exactly this and so while its not exactly where I left it, its always right near my shoulder. Maybe something changed on the Corolla or newer cars in general? Though other half's MY21 Yaris is same as my Auris - and this is both driver, passenger and rears. The seatbelt tensioner mechanisms do tend to rattle a little, but if the actual buckle is dropping to the floor it will be resting against the bottom trim/seat frame and would rattle.

• Like 1

Yes.  My Focus had a little loop of fabric on the back of the buckle, to stop it rattling against the pillar.

Such a simple thing, why don't all cars have this?  I'd swap half of the pointless driver "aids" (cornering foglights??  Seriously what's the point) for simple, useful stuff like this.

And the little stop halfway down the strap to stop the buckle dropping right down.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

The seatbelt tensioner mechanisms do tend to rattle a little, but if the actual buckle is dropping to the floor it will be resting against the bottom trim/seat frame and would rattle.

It is the buckle dropping to the floor that's causing the rattle. If that was a cost saving move, they must at least have saved a penny a car.

I want the excel Corolla with seats from design, wheels from icon and wireless charger like Prius., oh and gear shifter from Prius and I will have my favourite Corolla trim. 👍

speaking of wireless, as you've said.  Wireless charging and also wireless android auto/apple carplay would be perfect 🙂

I got the wireless charger in the Prius but don’t use it because I keep my phone in a case and I not taking the case off just to charge my phone. For charging, I use a usb cable but the phone end has magnetic connection so it’s easy easy to connect.

on another point, flicking through my   Settings    today I I was reminded I can adjust the severity of Lane departure strength and also the Radar strength. 

To be able to switch off the auto headlights feature. Could cause an accident in certain scenarios.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bigblock said:

To be able to switch off the auto headlights feature. Could cause an accident in certain scenarios.

Like when?

8 minutes ago, bewA said:

Like when?

Well, when someone is waiting at the junction you are approaching and the car decides to switch from drl to headlight and the driver just pull front of you without realising you didn’t actually flash your lights to give him a way to go but your car automatically did switched them on., 👍 I almost never use auto lights and auto wipers, at least I can have a choice on my car. 

I can't say I've ever come across that scenario, imo it sounds like quite an edge case.

But I'm one of these people who still has all the features/dings/bongs enabled

23 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Since the Icon Tech doesn't have auto folding mirrors either, it's more accurate to say that Design trim and above have them. It's the only option I would add to the Icon Tech.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RabButler said:

Since the Icon Tech doesn't have auto folding mirrors either, it's more accurate to say that Design trim and above have them. It's the only option I would add to the Icon Tech.

I think you are quibbling over statements that are saying the same thing 🙄