Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What features would you like to see?

Bozz

5 minutes ago, bewA said:

I think you are quibbling over statements that are saying the same thing 🙄

Not really. When I bought my first Corolla, a hatchback, the salesman told us that only the Icon had the non automatic door mirrors. He was as surprised as I was when our Icon Tech turned up. All the demonstrators were Design spec and "I just assumed......." I prefer the wheel size on the Icon Tech over the Design, so it was never a deal breaker.

A corolla of any spec would be nice.

Prefer more light interiors. Light headliner.

Real leather in colours like grey, brown, beige etc

memory front seats.

rear seat that slides adjustable backwards to give more legroom in the TS versions.

Myself I like the Trek seats/spec with Icon tech wheels. Also pano roof.

James. 

• Like 1

I have a 2021MY Icon Tech and I don't have any complaints. If I were upgrading to a 2022 model though I'd like the next gen infotainment that Toyota announced recently and a PHEV powertrain. I'll be changing my car in September 2022 so hopefully something like that will be available then (or even better a Corolla BEV).

Regarding the auto headlights safety issue it did happen to me once where it was right on the cusp of being dark enough for them to come on and they were going on and off a bit as I passed through shaded areas, a driver thought I'd signalled for them to come out of a side road and pulled out, I realised what happened and slowed so it wasn't even a near miss, no drama. The interval between on and off isn't even that quick but it was enough to cause confusion. Of course it's against the Highway Code to prompt another driver with a headlight flash anyway so we've created this problem for ourselves!

• Like 2

No rude jokes please but I'd like a decent horn. I used the one in my Corolla yesterday for the first time and it sounds so tinny. Not at all what I was expecting from a thirty thousand pound car.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FiestaRed said:

No rude jokes please but I'd like a decent horn. I used the one in my Corolla yesterday for the first time and it sounds so tinny. Not at all what I was expecting from a thirty thousand pound car.

Non-aggressive. Definitely a case of turning the other beep.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2021 at 8:22 PM, Devon Aygo said:

All Corolla except base Icon Trim have auto folding mirrors, make sure 3 position switch is in middle position.

All Corolla have follow me home headlamps, just pull the headlamp stalk towards you after switching off the ignition.

I wish that was so...I have an Icon Tech and there is no 3 position switch.  Just L and R.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the car, its nice and comfy and definatly ticks 99% of the boxes.  These are just nice to have features.  I really love the colour (Obsidan Blue), looks really nice in the sun!

The follow me home headlights was such an asset on my Insignia, just really suprised you have to do it each and everytime you turn the car off to enable it.  The folding door mirrors are good in tight spaces (even though I try and park away from other people!).

8 minutes ago, Spartan_Shorai said:

I wish that was so...I have an Icon Tech and there is no 3 position switch.  Just L and R.

is there no middle, intermediate position?

1 minute ago, Heidfirst said:

is there no middle, intermediate position?

Sorry let me correct myself, yes there is a middle position, so therefore a 3 position switch however I believe there should be a toggle switch next to the adjustment knob that will put the mirrors in Auto Mode or force them shut?

following on from the SatNav topic, I would like the option of being able to priotise A roads rather than B and farm tracks!

Having run a 2.0ltr Design TS for just over a year now, I do miss some of the nice features that Skoda fit in their mid to slightly higher range Octavia's and Superb's, such as multiple USB ports, front and back, LED interior lights, decent size LED boot lights, ice scraper inside the fuel filler door, clip for parking tickets on windscreen pillar, small type glove box under passenger seat, choice of light headlining, as per Corolla salon, and generally brighten the interior up with less grey seat coverings, along with doors that lock once on the move as stated earlier.

But a few nice little design features wouldn't go a miss, and help remove the Mini Cab image the Corolla's have. As having driven a Black and White Cab in Leeds for a lot years in a previous life, one of the comments that people used to make, was what a fine Taxi Toyota's are, and that perception still applies today, and must be costing Toyota sales?

• Thanks 1

I bought my 2015 Auris for reliability, being used by taxi drivers is a good thing. It had the usual poor starting during lockdown, new 12 volt Battery fitted, and a new AC condenser in the last 19 months of ownership but nothing too bad. Has covered 36,000 miles now. Is the corolla still non LED lighting? Surprised as want to upgrade my Auris lighting as white light looks more modern and bright. Boot light needs one either side of boot, again LED. Agree a light headliner on Corolla like Auris would be good.

I have a 1996 Volvo 940 and that has a parking ticket holder, heated front seats, illuminated window switches all round, glass electric sunroof, heated/electric door mirrors, drivers airbag, ABS brakes.  AC non working!

Drove my Auris in dark yesterday and only front drivers front window switch pack are illuminated, a bit mean I'd say!

James.

• 1 month later...

Not sure whether this is Finland-only thing, but I hope the next model will have parking sensors as standard. In MY21, parkings sensors are an expensive add-on, and it's very difficult to find a car in stock with that add-on included.

16 minutes ago, Sam Ekkert said:

Not sure whether this is Finland-only thing, but I hope the next model will have parking sensors as standard. In MY21, parkings sensors are an expensive add-on, and it's very difficult to find a car in stock with that add-on included.

I believe all but the base model in the UK have parking sensors front and rear 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sam Ekkert said:

600€ add on in France, but not available on the Corolla base model.

• 2 weeks later...

strange nobody has mentioned a built in dash cam as standard.

• Like 1

I'd rather have a choice; It's the same with manufacturer satnavs, they are okay but rarely top teir and long term support is often not great or very expensive. I doubt manufacturers would fit 4K 60fps dashcams with wide apertures for improved low-light operation for instance.

Plus, how to store the footage?

Tesla have leveraged their cameras to record, but they record to the MCU flash memory, and I expect people who use those recording system constantly will have trouble in a few years time when the flash chips start wearing out - If I use a normal microsd card in my Dashcam it's dead within 2 years! I have to buy special high endurance ones that cost 3 times as much and are still only rated for 10 years continuous use...!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely pleased with the car overall but there are ones or two things which could be improved upon.

I'm sure I'm not alone.

I'll go first.

I wish I could get the dash to display both analogue and digital speedometer at the same time, instead of one or the other.

Your turn.

I miss the ECO/HSI meter, replaced by the Rev counter and wish I could configure the left meter to be either or a bigger HSI in the middle.

• Like 1

Wish you could cycle between average tank fuel consumption and trip fuel consumption 

• Like 3

Roller switch for dimming dash and center screen simultaneously.. who thought it was a great idea to hide and separate these things in menus and under long press switches. If it gets dark on a highway setting, you want to reduce brightness quickly and vice versa when returning to urban settings where there are streetlights.

Also cycling consumption info from the steering wheel buttons/menu like hinted above.

I seem to remember doing one of these before but ..

Option of a spacesaver wheel on the Excel model.

Option of 17'' wheels on the Excel model.

• Like 4

+1

38 minutes ago, 50p said:

I seem to remember doing one of these before but ..

Option of a spacesaver wheel on the Excel model.

Option of 17'' wheels on the Excel model.

+1

• Like 2

Heated windscreen. Ridiculous to have to wait close to 10 minutes with fan on full before driving in cold weather

• Like 9

another one ..

a more powerful horn, rather than the 'Noddy car' one supplied!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3