Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Rattle from moon roof when tilted


Oldgustav
 Share

Recommended Posts

We have 2019 RAV4 Excel with 'moon roof' (Toyota's name for it, not ours). When it's tilted it rattles when travelling over rough ground or bumpy road. The car has just had it's second service and we'd ask the dealership to have a look at the roof noise. They've come back with 'it's for ventilation when stationery - not meant to be driven when roof is tilted'.

They're having us on surely???

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Someone else on this forum complained of a rattling pan roof on tilt was on a corolla I think can’t remember what the cure was though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Oldgustav said:

We have 2019 RAV4 Excel with 'moon roof' (Toyota's name for it, not ours). When it's tilted it rattles when travelling over rough ground or bumpy road. The car has just had it's second service and we'd ask the dealership to have a look at the roof noise. They've come back with 'it's for ventilation when stationery - not meant to be driven when roof is tilted'.

They're having us on surely???

I’ve had this feature on a number of previous cars and never had a problem as you’ve reported. The dealers reaction is pure BS to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, IanML said:

Load of cobblers.  Suggest you contact Toyota Customer Services.

Is it actually possible to do this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


14 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I’ve had this feature on a number of previous cars and never had a problem as you’ve reported. The dealers reaction is pure BS to me.

What I thought. Shame though, the dealership has always been really good. Previous car was Avensis Tourer (brilliant car - and in some ways superior to the RAV).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Oldgustav said:

What I thought. Shame though, the dealership has always been really good. Previous car was Avensis Tourer (brilliant car - and in some ways superior to the RAV).

It’s a crying shame when the hard work over the years of that’s gone into providing a good service to you as a customer is undone in a moment of craziness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

Got the same problem but told the dealer that I will wait till it goes in for service to let them look at it.They had better not tell me the tilt is for ventilation when parked only or they will get all four barrels.

Terry

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, IanML said:

Load of cobblers.  Suggest you contact Toyota Customer Services.

 

5 hours ago, Oldgustav said:

Is it actually possible to do this?

You can do so via the Toyota website.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 hours ago, Oldgustav said:

We have 2019 RAV4 Excel with 'moon roof' (Toyota's name for it, not ours). When it's tilted it rattles when travelling over rough ground or bumpy road. The car has just had it's second service and we'd ask the dealership to have a look at the roof noise. They've come back with 'it's for ventilation when stationery - not meant to be driven when roof is tilted'.

They're having us on surely???

Really annoys me when dealers don't use the information available to them:

BO-00447T-TME

Subject: PANORAMIC ROOF NOISE coming from side rail when opening (link X guide)

Area of Application: All Markets
 
Models – Model Codes: RAV4 - AXAA52, AXAA54, AXAH52, AXAH54, AXAL52, AXAL54, MXAA52, MXAA54
 
Description of the phenomenon: Some customers may experience and report when the vehicle is driven with the panoramic roof partially opened or tilt a “clack” noise can be heard.
 
Production change: The following has been changed:
  • Remove clearance during side rail component.

Repair procedure: Replace [RAIL SUB-ASSY, SLIDE ROOF] according to the repair manual.

 

Fix was implemented from 17/08/2020 production.

 
 
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership